Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 02:22 PM

788 posts, read 1,271,274 times

Advertisements

Most of that garbage made my stomach turn. Must be why I'm not fat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 02:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
I say just learn to brush his teeth reguarly instead of worrying abut that.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:30 PM

1,914 posts, read 2,241,772 times
On the bright side, it gave another visitor an opportunity to make derogatory comments about Americans, the people he lives amongst, many of whom have probably entertained him in their homes, offered him friendship, helped him when he needed it, and likely not one of whom ever did him an ounce of harm. For some reason, it is fashionable among foreign visitors to be hateful toward Americans. If it's so awful here and Americans are such horrible people, why do foreign visitors come here at all, and why do so many of them stay?

Old 02-05-2015, 02:46 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,729,849 times
I love me a good buffet. Yummy

Old 02-05-2015, 03:47 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,067,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
a large reason why i rarely dine out.. they are in the business of average ticket size, so they justify increasing prices by loading you up with more crap. Pass...
I live next to one of the big restaurant districts in Seattle and only a handful of the 100+ restaurants have what I would consider large portions. Most of the good restaurants serve fairly small plates since they focus on using high quality ingredients vs giving people a big pile of food to shovel into their gaping maws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzzz View Post
Portions are so big now I can't stand going out to eat, especially to the pub-style-american-food restaurants which dominate the dining landscape in most of the country.
Those kinds of places tend to be concentrated in the suburbs. I can't think of any major city I've been to where they dominate the landscape unless you're in a tourist area.

Old 02-05-2015, 03:54 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
I fail to see the problem; no one holds a gun to a person's head and makes them eat the whole meal. If a person shoves the entire thing down, that is not the fault of the restaurant.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:24 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,028,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think the point is that she's eating because of emotional problems stemming from the incest. Girls who have been sexually abused often put on weight as a sort of barrier.

You gotta admit it was randomly inserted into the post. Didn't have anything to do with the OP and is really not any of our business. If I was her sister and saw that post I would be horrified wether it was true or not.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:25 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,383,171 times
"'No.' is a complete sentence." Herb Caen, late columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle.

I wouldn't eat ALL of anything in those photos. If it were served to me, I'd cut it down to the size I could eat and ask for a doggy bag, or take it to the street and feed three homeless people with it. The guy doesn't say WHY he felt obliged to down all of it. I agree that our portions are too big, but no one's holding a knife to my throat and forcing me to eat everything on my plate!

Old 02-05-2015, 04:26 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,384,266 times
who the heck eats three burgers and three fries? I have never seen that before. Of course he is gaining weight eating that way.

Yes, portion sizes at many restaurants are bigger in general than in the seventies and eighties. That doesn't mean you have to eat them. I eat half and bag the rest for lunch the next day. Also i split entrees with other people all the time.

People are overweight because of choices they make, not where they live.(In very rare cases a medical condition causes it.)

He could even eat every meal at McDonalds and lose weight.

Old 02-05-2015, 05:07 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
should a fast food place refuse serving an obese person???

should big kids from big parents,,,, be automatically counseled in schools??

our poor and hungry are the largest people on the planet ,,,,,

until we are serious addressing obesity at an early age ,,, it often cycles in families ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink