Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 06:28 PM

862 posts, read 1,196,187 times

Advertisements

Every day it seems there is some health issue regarding sodas especially on Yahoo. OK when will restaurants get the message and at the very least cut back on the sale of soda and promote the sale of something else like water, coffee, tea, juice and energy drinks such as Red Bull for example ?? Yes I know that there are "issues" with energy drinks but unlike sodas they are VERY popular right now among the young heck my own doctor told me recently to take up drinking Red Bull instead of diet sodas " for the sake of your health".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 06:31 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantan1968 View Post
Every day it seems there is some health issue regarding sodas especially on Yahoo. OK when will restaurants get the message and at the very least cut back on the sale of soda and promote the sale of something else like water, coffee, tea, juice and energy drinks such as Red Bull for example ?? Yes I know that there are "issues" with energy drinks but unlike sodas they are VERY popular right now among the young heck my own doctor told me recently to take up drinking Red Bull instead of diet sodas " for the sake of your health".
When people stop buying them.

Old 02-18-2015, 06:32 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times
Quote:
Every day it seems there is some health issue regarding sodas especially on Yahoo. OK when will restaurants get the message and at the very least cut back on the sale of soda and promote the sale of something else like water, coffee, tea, juice and energy drinks Red Bull ?? Yes I know that there are "issues" with energy drinks but unlike sodas but they are VERY popular right now among the young heck my own doctor told me recently to take up drinking Red Bull instead of diet sodas " for the sake of your health".
How about people make their own decision what to drink?

Old 02-18-2015, 06:38 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Seriously?

I'd be finding a new doctor, if I were you.

Old 02-18-2015, 06:42 PM

11,363 posts, read 9,275,640 times
Soda is cheap and a huge money maker. All food establishments make big profits by selling it.

I always order water with lemon. Anyone can do it. No one is forcing anyone to buy soda.

Old 02-18-2015, 06:43 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,763,878 times
Quote:
First, Yahoo is hardly a reputable news source. Think of Yahoo as entertainment.

Second, we have this thing called "choice" here. People like to make their own "choices". I Fred chooses to order soda pop, that is his right. Betty can order her coffee, and you can order your energy drink (which I do not believe any reputable doctor would recommend over water as a regular go-to rehydrating beverage).

The government can keep their noses out of what people eat and drink for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

And I say that as someone who drinks mostly water.

Old 02-18-2015, 06:52 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Whose business is it if I want to buy pop? It's mine. Not yours, the gub-ment's, or the establishment's. What would we all do without these busybodies, anyway?

The world would be a better place if people minded their own dang business.

Old 02-18-2015, 06:57 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,055,148 times
Restaurants don't care about your health, they care about making a profit and staying in business. If you are worried about your health order a glass of water and take personal responsibility.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:02 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,811,485 times
You aren't forced to order soda.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:13 PM

187 posts, read 195,094 times
Quote:

If restaurants actually did this I'll know that we as Americans have finally reached the bottom of the hell that the progressive agenda has been attempting to create for all of us.

Don't want soda? Don't buy it!

I'll be damned if someone attempts to mandate what I can and cannot eat and drink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink