Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2015, 05:14 PM

518 posts, read 866,840 times

Advertisements

Or do you not really care and just grab the cheapest case in the store? Or is there brand loyalty or some thing else? Maybe some "taste" better? Although rare, I've had bottled water that's tasted funky or "off" before.

With the standard 24 pack of 16.9 oz bottles I typically just go with what's on sale. Usually it's store brand purified water.

Like anything else, some people swear by certain brands or it must be spring instead of purified. I'm curious what the "bottled water connoisseurs" on this forum have to say

Old 03-09-2015, 05:16 PM

35,095 posts, read 50,961,628 times
We had a Culligan Water system installed in our home so we do not purchase bottled water.
It is cost effective and we do not have to worry with recycling all of the plastic bottles.
We also have a soda stream so if I am in the mood for carbonated water with a bit of lemon or lime I push a button and it is done.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:21 PM

10,009 posts, read 17,917,349 times
To me it's a REALLY odd question, as in, why would you spend money buying WATER in a grocery store?

I use a Brita pitcher to filter my tap water (which doesn't taste horrible without the filter) and it works fine. The water is delicious and I go through a LOT of it.

I've never understood why people buy bottled water, unless there is some reason they can't get good tap water?

Old 03-09-2015, 05:37 PM

518 posts, read 866,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
To me it's a REALLY odd question, as in, why would you spend money buying WATER in a grocery store?

I use a Brita pitcher to filter my tap water (which doesn't taste horrible without the filter) and it works fine. The water is delicious and I go through a LOT of it.

I've never understood why people buy bottled water, unless there is some reason they can't get good tap water?
For me, it's convenience, habit etc. It's nice to be able to quickly leave the house and grab a couple bottles to take with you. Say you're going to the gym, I'll bring a bottle or two and maybe refill it there if necessary then toss it on the way out. Leave a few bottles in my car. I don't feel like I'm wasting my money at all and most bottled water isn't too expensive.

I can appreciate your post, but I don't want this thread to become a "buying bottled water is stupid " debate.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:46 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,605,572 times
I have Arrowhead delivered because Glendale water tastes odd to me and the two dogs I had when I first moved there got sick from drinking the tap water and I gave them bottled water too. Now, I have a Brita filter for my current dog and I still have Arrowhead delivered for the family.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:02 PM

10,009 posts, read 17,917,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Jackpot View Post
For me, it's convenience, habit etc. It's nice to be able to quickly leave the house and grab a couple bottles to take with you. Say you're going to the gym, I'll bring a bottle or two and maybe refill it there if necessary then toss it on the way out. Leave a few bottles in my car. I don't feel like I'm wasting my money at all and most bottled water isn't too expensive.
Ah, I do that with my refillable water bottles.

I wasn't being condescending (sorry, you can't always tell tone on the Internet), I was really curious. The only people I know who buy bottled water regularly are those whose tap water is really crappy.

Quote:
I can appreciate your post, but I don't want this thread to become a "buying bottled water is stupid " debate.
Nope, I'd never say it was stupid, just that I didn't understand it. Your reasons obviously work for you.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:26 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,259,385 times
None. I fill a Klean Kanteen with tap water if I want to drink while I'm out and about. I put a couple of slices of cucumber and a sprig of mint in there, too.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:28 PM

16,174 posts, read 32,332,373 times
Quote:
Or do you not really care and just grab the cheapest case in the store? Or is there brand loyalty or some thing else? Maybe some "taste" better? Although rare, I've had bottled water that's tasted funky or "off" before.

With the standard 24 pack of 16.9 oz bottles I typically just go with what's on sale. Usually it's store brand purified water.

Like anything else, some people swear by certain brands or it must be spring instead of purified. I'm curious what the "bottled water connoisseurs" on this forum have to say
Please see the active thread on this subject: What's Your Favorite Bottled Water?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.