Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 11:15 AM

6,459 posts, read 7,793,546 times

Advertisements

I can’t stand them! They infuriate me. Those little teeny stupid packets. Why are they soooo small? Does anyone actually only use one of them...ever? How mundane it is and what a huge waste of time to sit there and rip one open then squeeze all you can out of it (because you don’t want to be wasteful) and try to make sure your fingers don't slip so as not to get ketchup all over it, and then move on to the next and do it all again, and then the next, and so it goes.

AAAARRGGGGHHHHH...I just want to scream! Why do they make it so painful? It makes me want to not get fries.

And what about the environment?! All the people talking about those Keurig pods and plastic water bottles. Why haven’t the environmental people jumped all over this? Heinz must be greasing their palms. Who are these mysterious ketchup packet lobbyists anyone? Show yourselves!

I just don’t get it. Hey, I have a revolutionary idea...why not make those packets bigger! I mean come on, seriously. Why not double or triple the size of those ridiculously small ketchup packets

Is it me? Am I wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 11:49 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,820 times
I never need more than one.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:59 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,870,119 times
They do make them bigger, and a better design - been to Chik fil A?

Old 03-13-2015, 12:01 PM

208 posts, read 603,980 times
I always use several, so yeah, I'd love for the packages to be bigger. But then, I LOVE ketchup.

Old 03-13-2015, 12:01 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
I can’t stand them! They infuriate me. Those little teeny stupid packets. Why are they soooo small? Does anyone actually only use one of them...ever? How mundane it is and what a huge waste of time to sit there and rip one open then squeeze all you can out of it (because you don’t want to be wasteful) and try to make sure your fingers don't slip so as not to get ketchup all over it, and then move on to the next and do it all again, and then the next, and so it goes.

AAAARRGGGGHHHHH...I just want to scream! Why do they make it so painful? It makes me want to not get fries.

And what about the environment?! All the people talking about those Keurig pods and plastic water bottles. Why haven’t the environmental people jumped all over this? Heinz must be greasing their palms. Who are these mysterious ketchup packet lobbyists anyone? Show yourselves!

I just don’t get it. Hey, I have a revolutionary idea...why not make those packets bigger! I mean come on, seriously. Why not double or triple the size of those ridiculously small ketchup packets

Is it me? Am I wrong?

Mr. CSD has issues with them as well so he asks for a small container of catsup.
If his request is refused he cancels his order and goes somewhere else and tells them why he is cancelling his order and going somewhere else.

Old 03-13-2015, 12:03 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I never need more than one.
Same here. I like fries, I've never understood why people would want to completely smother them in ketchup. Then all you taste is ketchup. Most of the time I don't even get ketchup. I like my fries plain (seasoned of course).

Old 03-13-2015, 12:08 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Same here. I like fries, I've never understood why people would want to completely smother them in ketchup. Then all you taste is ketchup. Most of the time I don't even get ketchup. I like my fries plain (seasoned of course).

Plain and seasoned are two completely different things.

When I order fries which is not often I order them "plain", no seasoning, no salt, no nothing, just deep fried potato pieces.

Old 03-13-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
They do make them bigger, and a better design - been to Chik fil A?
Yeah a lot of places have the bigger "dip or squeeze" packages now.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FYHklmMNMl...up+packets.jpg

Old 03-13-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Plain and seasoned are two completely different things.

When I order fries which is not often I order them "plain", no seasoning, no salt, no nothing, just deep fried potato pieces.

Yeah that's why I clarified what I meant by plain because I knew someone would jump in saying plain means just the potatoes and nothing else. I like them seasoned, I just don't need dipping sauces to enjoy French fries.

Old 03-13-2015, 01:02 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,414,540 times
I'm not a big ketchup eater unlike DH who only eats fries as an excuse to have ketchup. But if I take a packet sometimes I have trouble getting them open. Using plastic silverware only makes it worse. And using my teeth seems a little crude in public.

A few weeks ago I watched a long-tailed grackle trying to get one open. I think he hated it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink