Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 06:49 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,819,267 times

Advertisements

If you are worldly, you would know "take breakfast" is used in some other countries. Goodness. Anyway, I eat breakfast daily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2015, 07:52 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,724,063 times
I have a set routine every morning. I feed the cats, then put on the coffee maker, and shower. Then I sit down at the computer and drink my coffee and eat my muffins or other pastry before getting ready for work. I always get up an hour and a half before I need to be at work, so it gives me time to wake up, eat in peace, and catch up on what is happening in the world.

Sometimes I feel like a real breakfast and will head to Dennys or some other restaurant and do the eggs, bacon, etc routine, but for the most part it is always coffee and pastry.

Don

Old 03-17-2015, 10:20 AM

18,749 posts, read 11,727,185 times
Never. I don't do mornings. I might eat a breakfast meal at noon or sometimes for dinner but I'm rarely up in the early morning hours unless I'm coming home from a double. I don't eat and then go to sleep.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:04 PM

2,202 posts, read 2,286,755 times
We "break-fast" every morning. Fuel the fire!

Even when I go fishing, up at 4AM, make time for hot breakfast. Keeps you going.

Mike

Old 03-17-2015, 03:41 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,936,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
Greek yogurt has about 10g of protein per serving, does a Kind bar have 20 - I find that really hard to believe but could be wrong.
Chobani plain Greek yogurt has 23 grams of protein in an 8 oz serving, so that just leaves 7g of protein for the Kind bar.

Old 03-17-2015, 04:26 PM

6,624 posts, read 5,851,194 times
Banana to wake up with, later something hot after I've taken the kid to school.

It was coffee, but too much acid, so I've switched to tea with milk. Lately I've been loving chai tea of various types.

Later in the morning I'll have more fruit and vegetables -- clementines, apples, sugar snap peas, celery.

Old 03-17-2015, 04:46 PM

635 posts, read 776,026 times
Why wouldn't you want to go out the door with some fuel to start the day. Fast food breakfasts taste terrible. Eat at home.

Old 03-19-2015, 05:47 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,245,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
Yes you do you take it into your stomach.
I think most of us wondered if you meant eat breakfast or take it to work or something?

For us, even as a child, breakfast is a daily meal. We are never too busy to start the day with something in our tummies, whether just a piece of toast and a glass of juice or a full breakfast. It isn't healthy to start the day without something and no one should be too busy to eat a little bite of food. Our daughter, who works at an airport and has to be at work at 4am, finds time to grab a piece of toast with a little melted cheese and a piece of low fat ham on it. She has never had a weight problem cause she is very careful what she eats, but never skips a meal. She says she has the making of her breakfast down to about 6 minutes and she can eat it in the car with her coffee while she drives to work. I don't like the idea of eating and driving, but at least there is no traffic at the time she leaves for work.

Our other daughter has a bowl of cottage cheese every morning before starting her exercises and work. I think she has fruit juice and coffee as well.

My mom insisted we eat breakfast every day and I did the same with my kids. Some mornings we have eggs, toast, even bacon or sausage and toast, others it is just a bowl of cereal for spoiled brat and maybe a piece of toast with cheese, peanut butter or something on it and juice or fresh fruit.

Old 03-19-2015, 12:15 PM

5,683 posts, read 4,102,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
it's still sugar!
Well, yes, it's sugar, but that's only part of the story. Sugar in fruit is also accompanied by a lot of other stuff in fruit, such as antioxidants, fiber and vitamins. Current guidelines specify a maximum amount of added sugar, not total sugar. Telling someone they shouldn't eat a banana because it has sugar in it is to miss the forest because you're staring at the trees. A banana and an equivalent amount of refined sugar are not comparable.

Old 03-19-2015, 01:46 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,509,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I've never used the phrase "take breakfast." I only say "eat breakfast." I don't take breakfast anywhere, no matter how you want to defend your irregular usage of the phrase.

Its not a phrase, other than one just made up. Like do you jet breakfast every day? Or do you sat breakfast every day?

I'm guessing English is a second language here, so lets give him a pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink