Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 02:12 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,181,564 times

Advertisements

Meat. For me to touch it, it has to already be boned and skinned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 05:08 PM

367 posts, read 413,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
we had a bat in the house once,,,damn thing was quite swift im chasing it around the house with a tennis racket,,,and finally smashed it a good one in the kitchen.... had the doors and windows open,,,but it wouldn't fly out

i was trying to "trap" it against the ceiling them put it in a towel and gently put it outside to fly away..
well that didn't work,,,it noticed that if it came for my head,,i would back away
so his last fly around the kitchen,,,he starts for my head and now starts making these gawd awful noises,,,,so i panic'd and swung at him,,,smashed him into the wall and he slid down,,,,deader than a rock

i felt bad for that bat,,,,,but that bat wasn't as unfortunate as the cat in the snowblower...i'll spare you the details
OH EMM GEE!!!!

Old 04-23-2015, 12:42 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,330,128 times
Raw meat.
Cooked pasta-when a piece of it falls on floor.
Also, the sink drain/trap (where it is prone to getting grungy/sludgy).

Old 04-23-2015, 02:18 AM

19,954 posts, read 29,993,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
Raw meat.
this is a very good point,,the plumbing under the sink, when the pipes get clogged....
I had to snake the pipe from under the sink towards the septic,,, and yes,,,that was about the grossest thing ive had to do for home maintenance.....clean out a drain pipe that hasn't been snaked for 22 years,,,
i'll spare the details,,,but id love to see you squeamish ladies that cant touch a chicken thigh, snake out the one of these pipes....

Old 04-23-2015, 06:48 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,692,648 times
BTDT

Old 04-24-2015, 03:42 PM

32,755 posts, read 35,956,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
this is a very good point,,the plumbing under the sink, when the pipes get clogged....
I had to snake the pipe from under the sink towards the septic,,, and yes,,,that was about the grossest thing ive had to do for home maintenance.....clean out a drain pipe that hasn't been snaked for 22 years,,,
i'll spare the details,,,but id love to see you squeamish ladies that cant touch a chicken thigh, snake out the one of these pipes....
I've dropped things in the garbage disposal and had to reach in and pick them out. I only did that once with a bare hand.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:44 PM

35,095 posts, read 50,957,501 times
Not much really bothers me in the kitchen food wise to touch it.
When one of the cats hack in the middle of the kitchen floor, that's pretty gross.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:50 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,256,519 times
I'm not particularly fond of handling fish guts, but I do it anyway.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:31 PM

19,213 posts, read 15,077,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I've dropped things in the garbage disposal and had to reach in and pick them out. I only did that once with a bare hand.
Lol!

I cannot put my hand down a disposal. I can't do it. I know it's turned off... but I can't do it. I used to use an old serving spoon to retrieve things, and now I figured out tongs are much better.

EDIT: But, as has been mentioned, the sink strainer is probably the worst for me. *shudder

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 04-25-2015 at 06:41 PM..

Old 04-25-2015, 06:41 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,719,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
I probably would have broken everything in my kitchen swinging at that bat (screaming the whole time of course). I've chased a crow out of my bedroom before. I never realized that crows were so mean because it kept dive bombing me and seemed to be going for my face. Even the dog (a sturdy shepherd) abandoned me and I was left to do battle with the crow on my own. It pooped on my pillow before finally flying out the window.
Don't you have SCREENS on your windows?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
Raw meat.
Um, that's what the dog is for. It's a fair trade off...dog eats all fallen food, and in exchange, I vacuum up all dog hair on floor. Seems fair to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink