Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 08:55 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,529,245 times

Advertisements

Home made lasagna, green salad, lemon gelato.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 09:28 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,685,511 times
Nothing that was going to consume my weekly or monthly food budget simply to impress you

Old 06-12-2015, 10:37 AM

779 posts, read 927,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Nothing that was going to consume my weekly or monthly food budget simply to impress you
I'm offended!

Old 06-12-2015, 11:19 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Noted that you have never had my meat loaf.

Last edited by eureka1; 06-12-2015 at 11:20 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-12-2015, 02:43 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,426,121 times
Prime rib served medium rare, roasted potatoes, Asparagus with hollandaise.
Chicken cordon bleu
BBQ ribs
homemade sauce with spaghetti and meatballs.

Old 06-12-2015, 02:46 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Noted that you have never had my meat loaf.
I'm a meat loaf connoisseur, and I'm sure you make a wonderful meat loaf. I just don't like them after they've been frozen. There's nothing like a fresh-from-the-oven meat loaf.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:03 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,226,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongNote View Post
How did you guys come to know all these recipes? If it weren't for the George Foreman grill, a rice cooker, and a veggie steamer, I'd starve.

I've always wanted to learn how to make chicken biryani, as it's my favorite dish, but it's difficult to make correctly using a rice cooker.
Recipes have been handed down through generations. I come from a family that has cooked old recipes for years and having learned them will pass em off. Or they will become a lost art for future generations.

I guess it's how one was raised and if cooking home made dinner's and stuff was prevalent.

If not then people and families become used to eating out unless they want to take the time to Learn to cook which can easily be done.

Hope u learn some more things besides the Foreman grill as u will be amazed at how simple it is to make a
mouth watering dinner on your own. Buy a good cooking book! lol

Old 06-12-2015, 05:04 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,822,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brienzi View Post
Recipes have been handed down through generations. I come from a family that has cooked old recipes for years and having learned them will pass em off. Or they will become a lost art for future generations.

I guess it's how one was raised and if cooking home made dinner's and stuff was prevalent.

If not then people and families become used to eating out unless they want to take the time to Learn to cook which can easily be done.

Hope u learn some more things besides the Foreman grill as u will be amazed at how simple it is to make a
mouth watering dinner on your own. Buy a good cooking book! lol
I didn't come from a family that liked to cook. I learned from asking and google. Luckily friends' families were happy to have me in the kitchen helping them.

Old 06-13-2015, 08:53 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
BLT cole slaw

Shrimp Fra Diavolo

Samoa cake

Old 06-13-2015, 09:02 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
I had a rather feral childhood, so my brothers and I learned very young that if we wanted to eat decent food, we'd need to learn how to cook. We used to walk to the library and check out cook books, then make all sorts of unholy messes until we got the hang of some basic techniques. Cooking, for the most part, is very intuitive: experimenting to see which flavors compliment each other, understand how different cooking methods work so you can easily convert (for a example) a crock pot recipe to a dutch oven.

I don't have a lot of patience for baking because it is much more precise and scientific; I prefer the freedom and recklessness of cooking. So, I only have a handful of things I like to bake, and even then it is a rare occasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongNote View Post
How did you guys come to know all these recipes? If it weren't for the George Foreman grill, a rice cooker, and a veggie steamer, I'd starve.

I've always wanted to learn how to make chicken biryani, as it's my favorite dish, but it's difficult to make correctly using a rice cooker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink