Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 09:29 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,014,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBear999 View Post
You do not understand my addiction to cake. It is my greatest weakness. I constantly crave it.
You just described me lol

Quote:
I have become kind of cake snob. I have a hard time eating the basic grocery store frosting, I don't mind the cake mixes, but as soon as sink my teeth into a boxed grocery store cake and frosting I know the taste. For years now I make everything from scratch. Homemade buttercream frosting...need I say more?
Sigh... tell me about it. I can be quite snobbish when it comes to cake. I just literally hate when I am all hyped up for cake and the minute I bite into the cake I can instantly tell they are using either Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines frosting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 09:56 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,982,226 times
This has reminded me of other cakes that I turn away from...totally forgot about the chocolate Forrest cake mix, fruit cake, sponge cake,, any flourless cake....spice
cake!!
Pound cake is my go to cake when I need a fix and have all the ingredients on hand most if the Time. Had to Google some cakes that I had never heard of. (Thanks)
Just discovered "dump cake"....

Old 06-23-2015, 10:23 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times
Holy crow! I LOVE cake!!!!

I had Red Velvet Cheesecake on Friday and it was delicious!

I think the only one I don't like is Fruitcake.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:26 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,338,720 times
I make and love 3 milk cake. Not any of my friends likes it, so it just means more for me.
I love Carrot cake as well!

Old 06-23-2015, 10:47 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Wedding cake. It was all the more delicious for the sweetness of the occasion.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:07 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,982,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
I make and love 3 milk cake. Not any of my friends likes it, so it just means more for me.
Thres Leche cake?? Love love love.
Yes there is something about wedding cake that makes your taste buds explode and cry at the same Time.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:18 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,820,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
We love tres leche and tiramisu. It's funny as I don't consider them cakes really but I guess they are! We also don't like cherries or coconut in any of our cakes either. Forgot about those. Also I have yet to taste a good cake from a grocery store bakery. Even the esteemed Publix, all too plasticky to me.

As for those that never heard of beet chocolate or red velvet cakes, it's delicious. It's the only way I will eat "chocolate" or red velvet cake. You can't taste the beets but it just lends to it a very nice not too sweet taste while keeping it moist.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:19 AM

12,040 posts, read 8,418,487 times
My last piece of cake was wedding cake two weeks ago. It was the only piece of wedding cake I've ever decided was tolerable - obviously made of quality ingredients and light as a feather with a real butter cream frosting. The flavor was a delicate almond.

I guess I'm more of a fruit dessert and textured food person and cake just doesn't do it for me. There's nothing to chew! And most cakes have that chemical taste to them that I pick up on right away. I will always accept a homemade slice and particularly tolerate it if it has nuts, fruit, coconut, something in it.

Yes, tres leches, carrot cake and angelfood with strawberries and whipped cream will do.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:21 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,820,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Original Poster: Just polished off the last of the carrot cake..
Reply: Love carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, yum.
Original Poster: When was the last time you had a slice?
Reply: A couple months ago at a birthday party.
Original Poster: What kind?
Reply: I don't remember.
Original Poster: What cake will never be at the end of your fork?
Reply: Fruitcake, Coconut, banana, or anything that has weird chunks in it.
Original Poster: What is your favorite flavor/kind?
Reply: I love angel food cake with whipped cream and strawberry shortcake jam (like strawberry shortcake without the strawberries). I can gorge on that stuff if I let myself.

Original Poster: Angel Food will never be at the end of my fork. I just cannot stomach that texture and taste.
Reply: Someone who doesn't like angel food cake ----> (you forgot to include the "shocked" smiley face. She is shocked people doesn't like angel food cake)

No it does not, read the original answer again. In the grand scheme of the entire world though it really doesn't matter.
There was a smiley missing, see above note. Does that make it clearer?

Old 06-23-2015, 12:06 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,743,972 times
I'm not a fan of cake but will eat carrot cake if someone makes it. Those dry frosted 'cake balls" are the worst!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink