Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 12:32 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,736,239 times

Advertisements

Eggs Benedict for breakfast, croque monsieur for lunch, chautebriand with roasted baby potatoes and creamed spinach. Creme brulee for dessert. All super rich and so tasty. Oh for snacks? Dynamite rolls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 12:47 AM

8,070 posts, read 6,927,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Carbs, carbs & more carbs.......
me too, except pasta.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:53 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,190,286 times
I think most of us would come down with a good case of gout after eating all these rich foods longer than just 1 day. We can dream though...

Old 07-10-2015, 12:54 AM

23,885 posts, read 32,184,034 times
Breakfast - Scandinavian pancakes with lingonberry jam and butter. OR Belgian pancaked with whipped cream and strawberries OR - my weakness - Pecan Pancakes from Cracker Barrel.

and...a cheese omlette made with very sharp and good cheeses. AND - Sour dough toast or English muffins with butter and a good jam.

OR - eggs Benedict.

Lunch - Maybe an artisan Grandma or Mahrgarita Pizza from a really good place. A HUGE salad with LOTS of blue cheese dressing.

Snack - salt and vinegar potato chips and a Long Island Iced tea.

Dinner - Well prepared Indian or Thia Food. OR - if I still ate meat Sauerbraten with spatzel,apple fritters with sour cream. macaroni and cheese with Gruyere cheese, red cabbage and sour cream. Good beer.

"Dutch" apple pie, with ice cream. Linzer tarts, creme brulee, and cheese cake.

If I ate this way, I'd be 200 lbs.

So I don't.

But this was fun!

Old 07-10-2015, 02:46 AM

3,223 posts, read 10,056,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I would have my coffee and caramel creamer, with a toasted everything bagel and cream cheese. Or I would have eggs over medium with buttered sour dough toast and four slices of bacon.

For lunch I would have spaghetti with buttered garlic French bread and a coke.

For a snack I would have a healthy serving vinegar chips.

For dinner a well done burger on a crispy buttered bun with mayo, hot sauce, onion, tomatoes, and Wwiss cheese and a side of steak cut French fries, dipped in ketchup with lots of salt. For dessert a strawberry shortcake or an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins.

For a late night snack some cheesy nachos dipped in sour cream and sprinkled with Red Hot sauce and a late night bowl of chocolate chip ice cream.

What's your ideal daily menu if you can eat whatever you wanted?
For breakfast I would have chicken fried steak, hashbrowns, sausages, toast, scrambled eggs and a 20 oz bottle of Mountain Dew.

For lunch I would have 2 enchiladas w/just rice, chips & salsa and water

For dinner I would have homemade chicken alfredo pasta w/salad, garlic breadsticks and a Coke

For dessert I would have strawberry lemonade frozen yogurt with raspberries and strawberries inside.

Old 07-10-2015, 02:58 AM

10,931 posts, read 11,668,574 times
I only eat one big meal a day. My favorite would be:
Small Rack of Lamb
Garlic Pasta
Cooked Fennel
Water

Old 07-10-2015, 03:15 AM

11,645 posts, read 12,848,034 times
If I didn't have a fear of food poisoning/vomiting I'd sure be eating a lot of seafood, such as oysters, octopus, crabs, etc and etc...

For lunch, normally, I would want T boned steak with chips and gravy. Everyday. I don't think I'd get bored of it.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:04 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,218,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ve View Post
I think most of us would come down with a good case of gout after eating all these rich foods longer than just 1 day. We can dream though...
But you are missing the point: this is a fun and make believe thread, not to be taken too seriously. Of course none of us would really eat this way on a daily basis.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:11 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,218,944 times
It would depend on the time of the year for me,but I guess my daily meals would be something like this:

Breakfast; swedish pancakes or eggs benedict. If I had the pancakes I would want a nice slice of ham as well. Don't forget the bowl of fresh fruit and hot flavored coffee.

Lunch: probably a toasted tuna sandwich or maybe a nice Cobb salad; If I am going to have a sandwich lets make sure there are veggies, like cukes,onions, jalapenos and lettice on it. And i would want just water to drink, unless the wine is around and I have friends with me.

Dinner: probably a great pulled pork, yams, and lots of veggies or Surf and Turf, but I want the turf to be crab legs. Of course a great salad with blue cheese dressing and some wonderful San Francisco sour dough bread. If I had room, this might be the one time of the day I would like a dessert: probably creme burlee. And of course we have to have a couple of glasses or great red wine, Malbec preferably.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:28 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,222,993 times
Hmm...anything?
No concern for vitamins or fiber or weight gain?

Pizza, from a particular place here, all day.
Indian buffets for lunch, for a change.
Lots of vanilla yogurt, my weakness.
The $7 Triple chocolate bundt cake from Sam's Club, only that one.
Fondues, w/ plenty of garlic and wine...any form of melted cheeses.
Ribeye roast made by me.

With no care for the customs of breakfast, lunch and dinner...I might have the
cake for breakfast with the ribeye!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink