Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 09:39 AM

9,001 posts, read 10,140,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
me too, except pasta.
Oh my gosh....
Pasta is my kryptonite.....

Spaghetti & meatballs
Swedish meatballs
Homemade Mac & Cheese
Dumplings
Fried rice
Cantonese pan fried noodles
Japanese noodles from Noodles & Company

Don't even get me started on Cheesecakes....all the possibilities.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 09:55 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,236,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Can I just say I admire you people who include salads
and water in with your 'whatever you want' day.
Ok, a salad (with no iceberg, of course,) and lots of bitter greens like arugula....
with tons of blue cheese, thin sweet onions, canned beets, all sorts of olives, hb egg slices,
avocados, bacon, sprouts....one with bluecheese dressing....
another with a satay, peanut Thai dressing.

Oh and broccoli rabe/ broccolini, has diff names, very bitter, cooked like in Little Italy,
in NYC...evo oil, garlic, salt... leave off the red peppers.

French onion soup

Wish I still ate shrimp, scallops, clams and lobster...then I'd have lobster bisque, steamers, etc.

Hmmm...maybe cheesecakes...since this is a fantasy, no repercussions dream....
like in 'Defending Your Life'.

A certain type of European bread and fresh butter which I don't eat anymore, that would be fun.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:03 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,510,768 times
I don't think I would want this EVERYDAY, especially after several days of it, but right now this sounds nice:

I would have a macchiato for breakfast, and a croissant with clotted cream or kaymak with some honey drizzled over it.

For lunch/snack I would have those pickled hot pepper things stuffed with a feta or salty cheese that has a ricotta-like consistency. Maybe a few slices of nice bread with good Dutch or German cheese and cured meat over it, olive oil.

Hold myself over with some lychees.

For dinner, a big tall glass of hefeweizen and a Vietnamese rice noodle salad. Or fish and chips with vinegar. Can't decide.

Another coffee and call it a day. I'm not really into organized desserts.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:04 AM

2,645 posts, read 3,311,834 times
Mmmm good question!

Donuts, chicken fried steak, burgers and chocolate cake with white buttercream frosting.

I eat none of those things.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:08 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,731,749 times
Quote:
Vanilla yogurt is the only kind I eat, don't like the chunks of fruit in the other flavors.

I don't know what brand you use but my favorite is the small container Dannon Activia vanilla flavor, I mix half in with my fruit smoothie in the morning and the other half with ground flaxseed as a snack.

Just bought the Greek vanilla and honey yogurt last week and it's real delicious but sweet and a little thick so I will probably stick with the Dannon.
I love greek yogurt. I like that it is thicker. I usually stick with plain, I find the flavored ones too sweet.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:12 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,731,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post

Oh and broccoli rabe/ broccolini, has diff names, very bitter, cooked like in Little Italy,
in NYC...evo oil, garlic, salt... leave off the red peppers.
I think of broccolini and broccoli rabe as distinct veggies. Brocollini has skinny stalks and crisper florets. It is not bitter tasting, a bit like denser broccoli. Broccoli rabe is very leafy with small florets (more like leaves) and is much more bitter. Almost like a cross between bitter kale and broccoli.

Locally we have both, generally at the same farm stands, and they look and taste quite different. But I love them both with evoo, garlic and chili flakes. Finished off with a squeeze of lemon or a nice drizzle of balsamic vinegar.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:18 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,286,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
Mmmm good question!

Donuts, chicken fried steak, burgers and chocolate cake with white buttercream frosting.

I eat none of those things.

One of my favorite responses!!! And I still do eat this stuff...(in moderation, of course.)

Old 07-10-2015, 10:50 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,245,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Hmm...anything?
No concern for vitamins or fiber or weight gain?

Pizza, from a particular place here, all day.
Indian buffets for lunch, for a change.
Lots of vanilla yogurt, my weakness.
The $7 Triple chocolate bundt cake from Sam's Club, only that one.
Fondues, w/ plenty of garlic and wine...any form of melted cheeses.
Ribeye roast made by me.

With no care for the customs of breakfast, lunch and dinner...I might have the
cake for breakfast with the ribeye!
and no concerns with cost!!!

Old 07-10-2015, 10:53 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,245,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafood Junky View Post
One of my favorite responses!!! And I still do eat this stuff...(in moderation, of course.)
oh and for sure chicken fried steak for breakfast would be one of my choices.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:03 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,767,695 times
Quote:
I usually cook bacon in the oven, and used to be able to cook it in the electric oven like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g04YCgCte_c

It has the perfect consistency that way. The gas oven cooks it unevenly, some parts come out raw, some burnt to a crisp and stuck to the pan.

I cook bacon in my gas oven all the time with no problems. I put the bacon on a rack and place it on the baking sheet. It allows the heat to circulate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink