Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 07:05 PM

4,531 posts, read 8,844,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
I will be vacationing in a motel room with my 4 grandchildren. Ages ranging from 9-14 years old.
There is a fridge and microwave in the room.
The stay length is 3 nights.

I'm looking for ideas for meals.
Don't want to deed them sandwiches all the time.
You can't go wrong with PIZZA. My favorite is a local Pizza Hut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 08:12 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,270,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
No. She made reservations rather last minute and was lucky to get a room. There's no option to upgrade. She doesn't want to spend a small fortune on restaurant food and take out. No one said anything about Disney.

Atalanta, if you're stuck with a crummy microwave, you can get some hot water from a drip coffee maker if your room has one. You can make condensed soup and keep wet foods warm in the carafe. I wouldn't bother doing that while on vacation, but you never know when those coffee makers are going to come in handy.

If you use the coffee maker be sure to give it a good scrub first. I have a friend who is a flight attendant. She said they use the coffee carafe to wash out their underage and pantyhose.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:01 PM

78,060 posts, read 60,273,322 times
FYI if I read correctly and you will be in Orlando....then you can potentially get Giordanos (chicago) pizza.

If you like thick crust pizza and don't let the price scare you....an adult can eat only around 2 pieces.

Kids might just prefer pizza hut etc. so that's cool, just pointing out one of my all-time favs.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:45 PM

78,060 posts, read 60,273,322 times
Frankly, in summary if you bring sandwich fixings, milk and dry cereal along with bread etc. you should be just fine with a pizza order and some plastic ziplocs on hand.

The end.

I did it last year on a budget and did pretty much that.

Old 07-16-2015, 04:50 AM

32,857 posts, read 36,185,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey teach View Post
If you use the coffee maker be sure to give it a good scrub first. I have a friend who is a flight attendant. She said they use the coffee carafe to wash out their underage and pantyhose.
I always wash the carafe well and run water through a couple of times before I use it. You never know what's been in there.

Old 07-19-2015, 01:17 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,667,842 times
This trip sounds so wonderful ! The kids will be so excited to be with you and have this fun vacation they probably won't have much of an appetite

A few things I thought of was Cherrios for breakfast this is fiber and will fill them up. I think CVS has the single serving in a little container so makes it a little easier.

Also, apple slices with peanut butter or on crackers. This is filling and good for breakfast or as a snack.

Another fun thing for a snack are the peel fruit, great for traveling.

I think you mentioned there is a Barbque - a fun way to make s'mores, just saw this on a cooking show, put the s'more together and wrap in foil and put on the Barbque.

Have fun !

Old 08-04-2015, 10:47 PM

1,884 posts, read 3,023,481 times
Make boiled scrambled eggs. We do them when camping.

You can do them in the coffee maker

Take an egg or two for each child and crack open the egg(s) for each person into its own freezer bag. (Use freezer bags --they will old up to the hot water.)

Let each person add grated cheese, pre cooked bacon, salsa, whatever into their own bag. Close each bag, letting the air out as you zip it closed. Place each bag in the boiling coffee pot water. Occasionally squeeze the bags and see if the egg is done.

Thy can eat out of the bg. You can use a sharpee and put their name on the egg bag.

====

Another thing--heat water for oatmeal. Heat water and cook ramon needles in the coffee pot, add a can of chicken if you want.

Old 08-04-2015, 11:00 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,620,684 times
Sheesh you think the OP would at least let us know how it went.

Old 08-04-2015, 11:45 PM

29,482 posts, read 22,515,474 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlUwbF231ck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink