Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 11:51 AM

24,479 posts, read 10,804,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Doritos are a staple of the stoner generation, classic. I agree they are amazing.
Now I know what the problem of one of our cats is Do not and I mean do not try to eat Doritos without making an offering to her. Jacked are her favorites. Otherwise people food including tuna gets disregarded.

I am with you! Doritos and a cold beer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 12:06 PM

19,386 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Doritos, yes. Also Lay's Sour Cream and Onion chips, and Nutella (but not with the chips.)
No, not with the chips; directly off the spoon.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:16 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,861,262 times
German chocolate cake with Coconut/Carmel/Pecan frosting the way my Mother and Grandmother made it is my addiction. Over a Long Holiday weekend, during High School wrestling season, I consumed two of these cakes in a three day period. My weight went from 208 to 232 over that long week end. My wrestling coach almost killed me with the extra running and time in the steam cabinet. But it was worth it LOL.

Old 08-03-2015, 02:36 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,125,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocngypz View Post

For me........it's freshly baked bread with Irish butter.
Oh yes this would get me too.

I don't agree with this list except maybe the M&Ms. I like fries but can't eat a lot. The smallest size at McDonald's is enough for me. I haven't eaten Doritos or Cheetos since high school, but back then I did love them. I remember liking Oreos as a kid, but as an adult...meh.

The thing I am most likely to eat too much of is probably bacon, especially if it's super crispy.

Old 08-03-2015, 02:44 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
No, not with the chips; directly off the spoon.
Or cut out the middle man and strap the jar right to my face.

Old 08-03-2015, 08:38 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,366,573 times
Just my opinion-my tastes in food are extremely narrow, and are not representative of those of most people...

5.) & 4.) I've never eaten Doritos, Cheetos, Fritos, or any other of that type of snack (things with the letters "-tos" at the end).
The mere smell of them keeps me away, they hold no appeal to my senses (dislike corn chips, cheese & spicy flavors).

3.) Oreos-They always *seem* like they should be yummy, but whenever I try them, I quickly realize my mistake. The cookie part is gritty & tastes like dirt.
I just like the filling in-between the cookie halves, it's not worth suffering through the cookie parts for that, though. So I don't buy them anymore.

2.) M&Ms-I've gone through phases where I'm into them, but I become disillusioned with them pretty fast, and struggle to finish the bag-end up throwing it away rather than finishing.
The chocolate quality is not what it used to be, sadly.
I also notice that the nuts they use in the peanut M&Ms is almost always rotten, has bad flavor & funky texture, unlike peanuts in general.

1.) French fries-well, I do like them. But I don't often go to restaurants, period, so I rarely have opportunity to indulge in them.
And it's an easy product to get wrong, in terms of overcooking, using old oil, etc.
such that it's even odds as to whether the fries will be good or bad (which would make me more or less likely to return for more).
Anyway, I only get one order per visit, because I can't eat more than that all at once (and they don't stay fresh, so I can't save extras for later), thus they remain a rare treat for me.
No, I'm not going to make fries at home, either-too much hassle to use my oven.

Seems that my peculiar preferences/tolerances/habits mostly keep me away from these purported addictive foods.
Not that I eat "healthy" or anything, just that these particular popular items aren't popular with me, personally.

Old 08-03-2015, 08:54 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,863,170 times
Okay, what about those new super thin Oreos? Now, THOSE I like - not too much cookie, not too much of that cream.

Old 08-04-2015, 06:57 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,946,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Okay, what about those new super thin Oreos? Now, THOSE I like - not too much cookie, not too much of that cream.
I saw my first commercial for those yesterday. Thought they looked pretty interesting and I'd be willing to try one.

Old 08-05-2015, 01:05 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,636,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I can walk away from Oreos with absolutely no problem, and a bag of M&Ms will last YEARS in my possession. No appeal whatsoever. Even if I had an overly active sweet tooth to speak of, which I don't, it's not even good chocolate. If I'm going to bother with chocolate, it's going to be WAY better chocolate than that. But in general, sugary snacks really don't tempt me in the least.

Fries, chips, and cheese puffs are more appealing. The only one I'd say functions in a "difficult to stop eating manner for me, though is fries. And, really, for me, that applies to potatoes in basically any and every preparation and context.

The other items on the list? Not so addicting, no.

I'm like that too. I don't really have to have sweets. I'm more an olive, cheese and crackers and chips person. I think I like salt! When I was pregnant, I would make my husband get me a large bag of Doritos and just lick the salt off of them and throw the chip away. He told me that I probably would have been happy with a salt lick in my backyard standing shoulder to shoulder with the deer and happily licking away!

Old 08-05-2015, 01:17 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,249,853 times
Moms unhealthy dishes is the best. Get ur butt fat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink