Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 07:07 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,411,860 times

Advertisements

Mexicans eat potato and egg burritos and the people who taught me about frying potatoes and stirring in scrambled eggs were from TX.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2015, 11:32 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,200,354 times
I do this now and add onions too. I never thought to make it into a sandwich though, I just plate it and eat it! Didn't know it was a "thing" either I just assume most everything can be scrambled with eggs!

Old 08-14-2015, 01:15 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,730,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafood Junky View Post
When I was a kid (living in Philly suburbs) mom made this for us when we went out fishing or crabbing. hoagie or kaiser roll ('hard') and eaten cold (with Tabasco!)

Mom would fry peppers with some olive oil (usually green bell, sometimes red too). and then scramble eggs and make like an big omelete (no cheese). More like a big pan of scrambled eggs with fried peppers.

Just made two big batches this week. Man, brings back memories, now I wanna go crabbin'!

Yes Mom was Italian.

Mike
Pepper and egg subs were big in the Boston area especially on Fridays back when Catholics could not eat meat as were tunafish subs, and fried eggplant with cheese and pasta sauce subs. All no meat.

Old 08-14-2015, 02:34 PM

20,932 posts, read 28,411,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post
I wonder if this is a Long Island thing, Alot of families in my neighborhood would have potato and egg quite often.. Mulligan as my Grandmother would call it sometimes.. I guess it's Irish..

Down in Florida most people would not combine the two and just have the potato and egg separate..

The only time I put catsup on eggs is when they are combined with potatos..
There is a pizza place in East Islip that makes a potato, onion and egg pizza. It's to die for. No sauce just potato egg, onion and cheese. I am in the mood for this now. I will have to make this over the weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink