Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 03:52 PM

39 posts, read 34,011 times

Advertisements

Today I found out that I don't like breadfruit!!! (
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 05:55 PM

607 posts, read 602,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
^^ Zucchini exists so that people can make zucchini bread. I don't like it on its own unless it's grilled.
haha yes, that's the only way I will eat zucchini! It's nasty otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
For me, it is ripe papaya. I think it is so gross. Green papaya, in a thai/lao salad is yummy. But I don't want to say what papayas taste like to me.
bwahahahaha

Old 08-18-2015, 06:04 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
I cannot stomach the thought of eggplant. I used to see it in the store when I was a kid and never knew what it was. I tried it as an adult and it was slimy. Maybe if I'd had it as a kid I would have learned to like it. I also don't care too much for peas but they are great raw from the garden.

My favorite vegetables are fresh beets, turnips (rutabaga), and corn on the cob. Oh, and butternut squash.

Old 08-18-2015, 06:12 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I cannot stomach the thought of eggplant. I used to see it in the store when I was a kid and never knew what it was. I tried it as an adult and it was slimy...
No vegetable is good when it's poorly prepared. I can't imagine a preparation where eggplant would be slimy. I use it in ratatouille, and it's also great roasted with olive oil, salt, and pepper.

Old 08-18-2015, 06:38 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffaNYC View Post
I don't love zucchini, but there are two raw preparations I really like!

Zucchino Carpaccio: you can swap out the cheese for feta or romano or any sharp flavored cheese. And sway the arugula for basically any fresh herb.
zucchini carpaccio salad | smitten kitchen

Grated Zucchini Salad
Quicker than toast | HEMSLEY + HEMSLEY - healthy food and living

Quote:
bwahahahaha
Thanks for the rep!

Old 08-18-2015, 07:55 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deweyforprez View Post
I absolutely cannot stand dried coconut or anything made with it. To me it tastes like I am eating soap.
Oh, do dried then flaked fruits count?
I have never liked dried flaked coconuts...in candy bars or, ick, flaked all over a
wonderfully creamy frosting...the worst thing for me ever...
saw dust in wonderful frosting...but it's more the texture...it ruins things.

I love coconut...oil, milk, creams, water, the smell, hmmm....but not flakes dried.

Old 08-18-2015, 08:06 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I bought a papaya last week because my sister wanted to try it. None of us could eat it. Even my guinea pigs who will eat almost any fruit or vegetable wouldn't touch it.

Guava smells like cat pee to me. We bought some before but couldn't get past the smell to try it.

I don't like turnips either.

And my number one dislike is mushrooms. I can't even eat a food that a mushroom has been sitting on. If I order a pizza and it has one piece of mushroom, I can't eat the pizza.
Yep, ripe papaya tastes like feet to me. I can't eat cilantro...it's tastes like metal to me.

The cilantro hate or love has a genetic component. It tastes different to different people. Julia Child hated cilantro with a passion.

Old 08-18-2015, 08:12 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
I'm afraid It would be easier to list the fruit and vegetables that I like lol

Apples, oranges, clementines, mandarins, grapes, and pineapple for fruit

Carrots,peas, potato,lettuce, celery and cucumber for veg

Don't think I'll live as long as others lol

Old 08-18-2015, 08:15 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
No vegetable is good when it's poorly prepared. I can't imagine a preparation where eggplant would be slimy. I use it in ratatouille, and it's also great roasted with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
For me, eggplant is either delicious or horrible. It's very hard to prepare just right. Italians usually do it very well. (Same with Brussels sprouts. I make delish sprouts. Yum!)

Old 08-19-2015, 12:46 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffaNYC View Post
bwahahahaha
I don't like papaya, either. It's some sort of flavorless, moist, fruit glob to me. I'd rather eat... eggplant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink