U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 04:39 PM

849 posts, read 1,707,568 times

Advertisements

Carl's Jr. Six dollar burgers. You can also get fried zucchinis instead of fries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 12:10 AM

28,868 posts, read 15,962,000 times
Definitely Carl's Jr. As a matter of fact, that's what I had for dinner tonight. I had my usual Western bacon cheeseburger and french fries.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:21 AM

3,314 posts, read 1,352,731 times
Neither, both are disgusting, I prefer Wendy's and In-n-Out burger,

Last edited by Thunder98; 08-02-2016 at 08:46 AM..

Old 08-02-2016, 07:37 AM

5,321 posts, read 7,656,746 times
Both are awful. Try Five Guys or Smashburger.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:41 AM

9,856 posts, read 5,775,051 times
Unfortunately, do not have/not been to a Carl Jr's to give the comparison a fair shake, [no pun intended].

Old 08-02-2016, 07:50 AM

966 posts, read 535,644 times
If I'm in the mood (or time crunch) for a fast food burger, I always get Wendy's...but to the question at hand..

We have Hardee's (Carl's Jr.) here and every time I get their burgers they taste like they came to the store pre-cooked and were microwaved. I know that's not the case but there is something with the consistency and taste that just turns me off.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:42 AM

11,407 posts, read 13,950,805 times
I think Carl's food tastes better, but McDonald's has a better selection to choose from.

Old 08-02-2016, 02:49 PM

14,933 posts, read 16,520,894 times
Carl's Jr.'s version of the Egg/sausage McMuffin is far superior to the McDonald's version.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:03 PM

8,144 posts, read 5,998,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I do not care for McDonalds breakfast but I was paying attention to the small things that company or least this store does to keep the place running very efficient.
From the way they run their drive thru, to the cup filler machine how it knows to dispense just the right amount of ice and drink depending on the size of the cup so the person can concentrate on puttin together rest of your order.

I notice how they had one member who sole responsibility was to keep the place clean.
How the childrens playroom is just a nice dining spot with those who have kids and the tables was more kid friendly. HOw the play ground was setup to keep the kids from getting injured and the room was sound proof from the rest of the diners.
I notice they change the napkin dispenser so you have to pull up instead of down to cut down on napkin waste.
I notice they went to ketchup packets instead of dispensers to save on waste and sanitation.
I like the atm swipe and how quickly it goes thru the sytem.
I get cravingss for a big mac and I have never been disappointed with my selection.

I love Hardees breakfast ever since I was a kid but hated the place for burgers and fries.
My partner tried to take me one one evening and I said NO only for breakfast.
So for four years I avoid Hardees for burgers.
It use to be Wendy's for my good quality burger but they have gone down hill in quality and burger size.

The other week I had a craving for a good burger so behind my partners back I went to Hardees MAN OH MAN the merger with Carl JR was a good thing.
That was a real size burger that taste very goood. I like how they wrap the burger in the box so you do not get burger juices or condiments all over yourself.
I love how they show me some skin on their french fries and these are kind of fries you do not need ketchup with them.

I just dont know how much longer I can see Hardees without telling my pookie.

Ok.. So, I see the NC mentions.. You were in an area that had the Hardee's owned by Jerry Richardson and Spartan Foods/Flagstar/Advantica.. Those were pretty horrible locations after 1993 or so. Richardson left Spartan, it became Flagstar and it just went downhill.

After the purchase of those restaurants by corporate, the closure of a large number of them (I think somewhere around 50-70% of the "Spartan" Hardee's were closed) and the purchase of Hardee's by CKE.. Things really did turn around. The reintroduction of the Char-Broiled burgers.. The slicing of the menu.. I mean, Hardee's used to have a HUGE menu.. They cut it WAY back, and it's starting to get big again.. But, they tossed the Roast Beef, the Chicken, the chicken sandwich, the Ham and Cheese, the hot dogs and unfortunately, the Peach Milkshakes.. Not all that was bad, but they focused back on the burgers. Remember the chicken? That was actually pretty good (I LOVED their peach cobbler).. And Hardee's are really pretty decent now. Now, you go at night time.. You'll likely wait 5 to 10 minutes for the food, because, it's not pre-made. They make it to order, which.. Again, is a good thing.

Their breakfast kept them alive from.. 1993-2002 or so.. In fact I worked for a company that did the POS equipment for the Flagstar units.. First off.. The cleanliness standards have gone WAY up. Stories I could tell. The unit in Knoxville, TN that had a case of burger patties sitting on the floor beside the grill.. The unit in Jefferson, GA where the employees were smoking pot in the walk in cooler. both long closed, but, you get the idea.

In fact, when we got the call that a unit was closing, usually 2 or 3 days ahead of time.. They would tell us to be at the unit in the parking lot at 10am. Why 10am? They would open the restaurant normally, and get that one last breakfast service in.. because ALL of them were massively busy for breakfast. Many ONLY for breakfast, but.. they were busy.

CKE revamped the menu, without cocking up the breakfast (kudos to them for that).. Invested heavily in the units that remained open.. Cleaned them up nicely, and it wasn't just slapping a coat of paint on them. They shut some units down and just went in there with pressure washers cleaning them up.

They're not the best, but, if you're basing your thoughts on them from years ago.. Give them another shot.. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:50 PM

10,519 posts, read 11,623,635 times
Nearest Carl's Jr to me is 90 minutes away, have eaten there a few times. MUCH better than McDonald's, but heck even Sonic beat McDonald's. I remember when McDonald's was good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink