U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 12:06 PM

69,251 posts, read 79,427,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
We have Hardee's here instead of Carl's Jr, and their mushroom and swiss burger is BOSS. I love it lol.
I wouldn't go to Hardee if they paid me: mainly because of their gross commercials. They make me sick!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 01:23 PM

326 posts, read 114,861 times
McDonald's. But that's only because there aren't any Carl Jr's out here on the east coast

Old 08-03-2016, 02:33 PM

1,953 posts, read 4,944,808 times
CARL's JR is much better, better variety menu

they also have tacos & taco salads

Jack in the Box also has a nice menu, and they also have the curley fries and the cheap tacos

McDonald's quality has taken a nose dive, the chicken nuggets are not the same as the original, they use to make them better before

the Big Mac is a joke, it's not a hamburger, it's a bread burger, where's the beef?

Old 08-04-2016, 03:11 AM

16,461 posts, read 19,996,430 times
I've stopped doing McDonald's. Nightshift worker here, get hungry for a hamburger around 2-3-4am, and there's a Jack in the Box just 4 blocks away, by bicycle, and, not only do I like their burgers, but they're open 24 hours. Not just 24 hours for drive-thru, but the restaurant is open all night, so I can eat, drink, read a book. Across the street is McDonald's but only the drive-thru is open 24 hours.

There's a Carl's another mile away, also open 24 hours as well as the restaurant, but I'm too lazy to bike over there. Maybe one night just to compare!

Old 08-04-2016, 11:43 AM

5,163 posts, read 2,843,175 times
McDonalds is gross. Even the smell of those burgers grosses me out. Only thing I'll get from there is a chicken sandwich.

Old 08-04-2016, 12:21 PM

491 posts, read 225,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
the Big Mac is a joke, it's not a hamburger, it's a bread burger, where's the beef?
I don't know how McDonalds can still call it's Big Mac (a Big Mac), as it's not the same size as it once was. Year ago, the hamburger patty itself use to be the size of a quarter pounder. It's now a mini version of the original burger, and they should call it a Junior Mac.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:53 PM

10,577 posts, read 6,823,128 times
Does it matter?

Both are places I go when you need some sort of fast and convenient food. That's it. When I need to stop feeling hungry and need some body fuel, however rudimentary.

Choosing between one or the other is like choosing between two dirt-cheap brands of toilet paper - either will do the job but there's going to be nothing special about the experience.

Old 08-04-2016, 03:25 PM

14,933 posts, read 16,520,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
Both are awful. Try Five Guys or Smashburger.
Five Guys is really good (except their limp fries).

I wasn't especially impressed with Smashburger despite their creative burgers. I say it's on par with Carl's Jr.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:56 PM

8,142 posts, read 5,998,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Apparently mold & bacteria doesn't like Mcdonald's burger.
Mold and bacteria like Moisture. Something missing from McDonald's food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Are you saying all of these were cut from the menu at one time? All of these items (minus the roast beef) are on the current menu.
Yes. They've brought back the Hot Dog I saw, the Big Chicken sandwich has returned.. I didn't think the Peach Shake had been brought back. I know the chicken hasn't. They now serve chicken tenders, but at one time(After the purchase of Roy Rogers), they actually had chicken.. And it was actually better than KFC in my book. If they've brought the Ham and Cheese back, I haven't seen that.

Their menu is starting to 'bulge' again. The Chicken sandwich is actually kinda nasty.. I wouldn't order a hot dog. The chicken strips I have had and they aren't bad at all, so long as they're fresh.

I also think they bring back the Big Twin for limited engagements. Not sure if the Mushroom and Swiss is a standard item now or a promotional item.

One knock I will make on them.. They do some horrendous promo burgers. Things that shouldn't be on a burger.

I actually even enjoy ordering from the Red Burrito menu at times. Which all (or most) Hardee's are co-branded with.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:10 PM

4,706 posts, read 2,251,841 times
I think if you're looking for an actual burger it's Carl's, hands down. McDonald's often has the advantage of availability, you see a lot more of 'em at airports etc. and I think a simple quarter pounder with cheese is a solid meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Sorry, Dreamworks . . . NEITHER ONE!

I try to avoid Fast Food Joints as much as possible. Otherwise, I'll pick SUBWAY.
So you clicked on this thread, then the reply button and did some typing because.... ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink