U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 05:04 PM

1,270 posts, read 4,773,875 times

Advertisements

Is Carl's Jr's better than MCCID'S????

-Jeff
Winchester, MA

I wish we had Carl's Jrs here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 05:49 PM

17,481 posts, read 18,634,440 times
Well. I'll take Carls JR.
Why?
For me it's:
Accesibility )at least for me)
Better menu choice's
Coupons
Price from high to low is better
Service

McD's does have good coffee.

Do you have a Hardee's? they are usually the same as Carl's east of the Mississippi?

In-Out is better, but their not that far east (MA.)

Old 01-27-2008, 06:26 PM

59 posts, read 218,193 times
Are you kidding?

CARLS JR!!!!!!!

Old 01-27-2008, 06:50 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,652,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamworksSKG View Post
Is Carl's Jr's better than MCCID'S????

-Jeff
Winchester, MA

I wish we had Carl's Jrs here
Sorry, Dreamworks . . . NEITHER ONE!

I try to avoid Fast Food Joints as much as possible. Otherwise, I'll pick SUBWAY.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:07 PM

15,370 posts, read 25,567,363 times
In my area there are 19 Carl's Jr. Resteraunts and 23 McDonalds Resteraunts. 2 of the McD's are on a Navy Base, One is in a WalMart with another location in the WalMart parking lot that is a small McD's, so the 2 could be counted as one unit. Another unit is part of a gas station service center that includes several other small versions of fast food places. I haven't been to all of the McDonalds locations. Just not a fan of what I call the soggy burger. No substance to the burger. My feeling is you could just as easily slurp it down with a straw.

I have been to every one of the Carl's Jr. locations in my area. The smallest Carl's Jr I have ever been to was in Santa Paula, California. With most locations in California that I have visited you have the walk up, register area, and behind that the food prep area and storage for the place. Along side that to the right of the building would be the dining area. And some extend that with a glass covered extension of the dining area. In Santa Paula you walk in a door and to your right are 8 booths. To your left is where you place your order. It is a little place but the food is just the same.

For me I prefer a regular Big Burger. In some locations you just need to ask for it. It isn't loaded with everything. It is the original, original. The $6.00 burger without any mayo is great as well. I always ask to have my food without the mayo.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:27 PM

6,256 posts, read 10,326,760 times
Everytime I feel like a burger and fries, I take a good look at my gradually growing yet already big butt and say nay but seriously, if I absolutely had to pick a burger joint, I'd pick In n Out Burger instead of the other two...

Old 01-27-2008, 07:50 PM

5,607 posts, read 20,181,666 times
Not another burger joint war!!! I'd eat In-n-out or Whataburger any day over CJ's or McD's. Or better yet, Fuddruckers.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:28 AM

22,974 posts, read 57,213,700 times
I do not care for McDonalds breakfast but I was paying attention to the small things that company or least this store does to keep the place running very efficient.
From the way they run their drive thru, to the cup filler machine how it knows to dispense just the right amount of ice and drink depending on the size of the cup so the person can concentrate on puttin together rest of your order.

I notice how they had one member who sole responsibility was to keep the place clean.
How the childrens playroom is just a nice dining spot with those who have kids and the tables was more kid friendly. HOw the play ground was setup to keep the kids from getting injured and the room was sound proof from the rest of the diners.
I notice they change the napkin dispenser so you have to pull up instead of down to cut down on napkin waste.
I notice they went to ketchup packets instead of dispensers to save on waste and sanitation.
I like the atm swipe and how quickly it goes thru the sytem.
I get cravingss for a big mac and I have never been disappointed with my selection.

I love Hardees breakfast ever since I was a kid but hated the place for burgers and fries.
My partner tried to take me one one evening and I said NO only for breakfast.
So for four years I avoid Hardees for burgers.
It use to be Wendy's for my good quality burger but they have gone down hill in quality and burger size.

The other week I had a craving for a good burger so behind my partners back I went to Hardees MAN OH MAN the merger with Carl JR was a good thing.
That was a real size burger that taste very goood. I like how they wrap the burger in the box so you do not get burger juices or condiments all over yourself.
I love how they show me some skin on their french fries and these are kind of fries you do not need ketchup with them.

I just dont know how much longer I can see Hardees without telling my pookie.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:41 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,070,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post

I love Hardees breakfast ever since I was a kid but hated the place for burgers and fries.
My partner tried to take me one one evening and I said NO only for breakfast.
So for four years I avoid Hardees for burgers.
It use to be Wendy's for my good quality burger but they have gone down hill in quality and burger size.

The other week I had a craving for a good burger so behind my partners back I went to Hardees MAN OH MAN the merger with Carl JR was a good thing.
That was a real size burger that taste very goood. I like how they wrap the burger in the box so you do not get burger juices or condiments all over yourself.
I love how they show me some skin on their french fries and these are kind of fries you do not need ketchup with them.

I just dont know how much longer I can see Hardees without telling my pookie.
You have read my mind because I feel the exact same way (the only exception--Wendy's to me is still good, although I haven't been there in a while because of some horrible customer service I received). I worked at Hardee's for over 3 years while in high school and college. I began working there as they were beginning to phase out the Big Deluxe sandwich, which was my favorite. By the time I quit, the food (the lunch menu) was disgusting. Their breakfast has always been great!

Hardee's has definitely turned around. I can't believe the food there now is actually mouthwatering and delicious...I thought Hardee's was going to go out of business. They lost a lot of stores in this area, but I'm glad for the one that's about a mile down the road. I'd gladly pay $6-7 for a chicken fillet combo anyday!

Old 01-29-2008, 09:14 PM

634 posts, read 2,667,908 times
McDonald's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink