Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 08:11 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times

Advertisements

Raw meat or seafood of any kind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 08:14 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,952,726 times
When people eat too fast and loudly, and then end up choking on their food because they're going too fast. It makes me laugh if anything but it's mostly annoying.

I can't stand when people slurp oysters. It grosses me out, and my parents do it on purpose when they are oysters around.

Old 09-17-2015, 11:48 AM

258 posts, read 299,639 times
I totally agree with the apple. I would also add popcorn. My cubicle mate eats this every freaking afternoon. Thank goodness for headphones.

She also clips her fingernails at her desk. We work in an office quieter than any library I have ever been in.

All that separates us is a thin wall.

Old 09-17-2015, 11:56 AM

3,493 posts, read 3,202,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melovescookies View Post
Cereal!! I cannot stand to listen to anyone eat it. I really don't know why it bothers me so much but something about the slurping and crunching grosses me out.

I also can't stand to hear people sucking on crab legs.

You hit the nail on the head. I puke if I have to watch someone eat dry cereal with milk. That milk dripping down their chin, that dish of wet pap getting scooped up on a spoon, all that slobbering, and a puffy morning face...ugh! Sickening to watch.

BUT!...the smell of clam chowder makes me throw up - and I actually did once - just from the smell. Smells like the water did in our old unfiltered, left "wild" fish aquarium that was tended maybe once a year. There is nothing pukier smelling.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:28 PM

2,202 posts, read 2,303,125 times
"I also can't stand to hear people sucking on crab legs."

Thats a pretty common sound around these parts (Maryland, USA).

Love the crab juice!!!

Mike

Old 09-17-2015, 03:35 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
I only do this when I'm eating at someone's home. I wish to let them know that I'm enjoying the food.

It seems to be effectively saying, ''This isn't very good food.'' if a guest doesn't grunt and moan with pleasure. Slurping and lip smacking should be reserved for only the best. A thin trickle of drool while waiting for more is a real compliment to the cook. Snorting a bit is nice as well. Do not, hovever dribble from your mouth or nose to the table. This is gauche.
I hope that you remembered to belch loudly at the end of the meal.

Old 09-20-2015, 04:36 PM

1 posts, read 753 times
Loud eaters are worse than people with BO and no deodorant in public. Every single bite, every swallow...the world around them can hear. It's not necessarily fast or quick eaters who do this. Some of the slowest eaters are the loudest. The people who wolf stuff down and inhale their food swallow quickly and barely make a sound. I though I heard it all when I hear some dude start crunching freaking mashed potatoes or other soft foods. It's probably some of his choppers clanking together he chews so hard....I bet he has high dentist bills.....

Another thing that bugs me is grown men drinking out of a open glass with a straw like they are three years old or something... It's a cup, pick it up and drink it grandpa! Fast food restaurants and gas station fountain drinks are different. You have a lid and straw so you don't spill your drink in your vehicle after leaving or when somebody knocks into you while inside. This is a dinner glass I am talking about. I think they often have something wrong with their throat as you also hear with the slurping, them swallow very loudly. Again, not fast, just LOUDLY! I've seen guys guzzle a pop or beer in one quick chug in under 10 seconds and not make a sound except to burp when done.

Loud eaters are just loud eaters.....

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zp5Qop9GYo[/url]

Old 09-20-2015, 04:52 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,812,030 times
Anything my MIL is eating, doesn't matter what it is. She smacks her lips and chews with her mouth open and talks with her mouth full. When she has finally swallowed a mouthful she slurps up some of her drink, smacks her lips, and says "ahh". I completely lose my appetite when seated at the same table with her.

Old 09-20-2015, 04:56 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,981,246 times
I have an 11 yr old who drives me nuts! !
At home we have to eat off of those plastic dollar plates sometimes.
She looses it when she hears scratching of the utensils on the plates.!!!!!

Old 09-20-2015, 05:31 PM

256 posts, read 311,539 times
Boiled eggs. I can't stand the smell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink