U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2012, 07:25 AM

7,032 posts, read 8,377,499 times

Advertisements

Soleros are a nice ice cream here in the UK, I like most types which infuse fruit within the ice cream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 07:26 AM

16,222 posts, read 25,424,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Hubby and I shared one recently and we could not finish it.
Moosey!

Shared? Could not finish it?

Neither of these two things could ever happen to me.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:28 AM

7,458 posts, read 11,126,541 times
Quote:
I used to like Magnum once in a while but it seems to have got a lot sweeter and the quality of their vanilla is no way near as good as it used to be. In the UK you could occasionally find one which was like a praline coating on dark chocolate and that was quite lovely, not so sweet. Hubby and I shared one recently and we could not finish it. It was just too sweet.
Try the Magnum Almond its the least sweet one. Well it is in NZ and Australia, not sure about UK. Worth a try.

The sweetest one I've ever had is called Memphis meltdown gooey caramel. Hard to top that one on the sweetness scale.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:35 AM

7,458 posts, read 11,126,541 times
Had some amazing fruit ice cream when in Holland. But I damn well forget what they called it. What I remember was it was considered healthy as far as Ice cream goes and came in a variety of fruit flavours and served in a cone or in a punnet.
Popular in some parts of Europe.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:35 AM

877 posts, read 2,356,057 times
My lifetime forever love will always be Hagen Dazs Rum & Raisin but my current infatuation is Ben & Jerry's Red Velvet Cke!

Old 08-14-2012, 07:36 AM

13,036 posts, read 21,519,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Moosey!

Shared? Could not finish it?

Neither of these two things could ever happen to me.
Darling believe me if it was Cheese or Seafood Hubby would have to fight me for it and it could get ugly !

But my Sweet Tooth is much less developed hence self control is much easier... Hubby has much more a sweet tooth so he tends to help me finish my desserts at the restaurant etc...

Ice Cream is something I will really enjoy once in a while and then I am quite happy if I don't have any for a few months after that.

Now pass those Scallops and were you going to eat that Crab ?!?!.... No crustacean is safe with me in the vicinity. Let's put it that way.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Darling believe me if it was Cheese or Seafood Hubby would have to fight me for it and it could get ugly !

But my Sweet Tooth is much less developed hence self control is much easier... Hubby has much more a sweet tooth so he tends to help me finish my desserts at the restaurant etc...

Ice Cream is something I will really enjoy once in a while and then I am quite happy if I don't have any for a few months after that.

Now pass those Scallops and were you going to eat that Crab ?!?!.... No crustacean is safe with me in the vicinity. Let's put it that way.
LOL! I'm with you, sweets (no pun intended). I, too, prefer savory over sweet. But I do like a taste of something sweet after my meal and I'm such an overachiever that I make sure that I finish it. So, so, so bad.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
LOL! I'm with you, sweets (no pun intended). I, too, prefer savory over sweet. But I do like a taste of something sweet after my meal and I'm such an overachiever that I make sure that I finish it. So, so, so bad.
One has to excel at something Lovely , for you it's finishing your desserts for me it is pinching seafood out of people's plates by distracting them ! "Oh look is that a Cockatoo on the ceiling?!"...

Hubby always moans that I can quite happily have one square of chocolate/one biscuit and call it a day.

For him the temptation is just too much. I sometimes get annoyed with him because I will buy some chocolate or biscuits , not think about them for weeks, months even then I will go to the kitchen with a momentary craving thinking they are there and "Poof"" they are long gone. Hubby just gives me that look : "What?!?! surely you did not expect them to still be there..." and of course I did.

Marital tension rises , words are exchanged and next thing you know I am trying to avenge myself by having one or two, ( Ok or four) of his fries next time we are out. So far war has not broken out yet but stern comments have been made as to the selfish nature of the Husband who pinches his Wife's half of the chocolate/biscuits !! Reciprocated by words of exasperation as to how said Wife can possibly expect said Husband not to eat said biscuits/chocolates during a certain time frame...

Old 08-14-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
One has to excel at something Lovely , for you it's finishing your desserts for me it is pinching seafood out of people's plates by distracting them ! "Oh look is that a Cockatoo on the ceiling?!"...

Hubby always moans that I can quite happily have one square of chocolate/one biscuit and call it a day.

For him the temptation is just too much. I sometimes get annoyed with him because I will buy some chocolate or biscuits , not think about them for weeks, months even then I will go to the kitchen with a momentary craving thinking they are there and "Poof"" they are long gone. Hubby just gives me that look : "What?!?! surely you did not expect them to still be there..." and of course I did.

Marital tension rises , words are exchanged and next thing you know I am trying to avenge myself by having one or two, ( Ok or four) of his fries next time we are out. So far war has not broken out yet but stern comments have been made as to the selfish nature of the Husband who pinches his Wife's half of the chocolate/biscuits !! Reciprocated by words of exasperation as to how said Wife can possibly expect said Husband not to eat said biscuits/chocolates during a certain time frame...
BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best laugh of the day!!!

My gosh, how I love you and your humor. Sorry... humour. (I'm Canadian, so I used to spell it the right way once, with the "u".)

Old 08-14-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best laugh of the day!!!

My gosh, how I love you and your humor. Sorry... humour. (I'm Canadian, so I used to spell it the right way once, with the "u".)
I have been corrected on this forum for my spelling "mistakes" ( theatre, favour, pedagogue, advertise.. etc...) but as English is the language of Steinbeck, Mark Twain and Ambrose Bierce as well as that of Shakespeare, Keats and Milton I cannot in good conscience get too offended by being told I cannot spell "English" ! Poppycock and Balderdash !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or