U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2013, 03:57 PM

13,258 posts, read 34,604,245 times

Advertisements

The absolute best that I've ever had, was Wentworth's Kahlua Skor-bar Crunch. Coffee ice cream made with real Kahlua brand coffee liqueur, and crushed Skor Bars (which I've always believed were superior to Heath Bars). Wentworth's is a local ice cream shop; you can only get it in Hamden, CT.

It was an "adult" flavor (made with real actual alcohol, not merely flavoring). I don't think they've made it in over a decade; now I eat Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. It's a poor substitute but no one else makes that particular flavor/texture combination.

The next best, would be Talenti Banana Chocolate-Chip Caramel Swirl gelato. I had a scoop today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 04:20 PM

6,219 posts, read 7,395,658 times
Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk.
Baskin Robbins Pralines and Cream.
When I was a child there was a Rum Raisin flavor, I'm not sure of the company - could have been Breyers - and I remember loving it around age 7 or 8.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:29 PM

4,236 posts, read 3,028,074 times
Caramel Macchiato - Starbucks
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup - Breyers
Whoppers - Breyers

Old 09-18-2013, 05:33 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,321,209 times
Homemade is best, but for inexpensive every day type of ice cream I am pleasantly surprised by Publix brand ice cream. There is usually some to be found in our freezer.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:41 PM

3,079 posts, read 938,234 times
For (what used to be) local, Sunni Skies in Angier, NC (outside of Raleigh). My favorites were huckleberry, caramel or butter pecan although I heard all the flavors were yummy!!! They even had 2 flavors (Exit Wound and Cold Sweat) in which you had to sign waivers before you could eat them!!!

For store bought brands, my favorite is Blue Belle.....Lemon Bliss, Homemade Vanilla or Butter pecan!

Old 09-18-2013, 05:46 PM

6,191 posts, read 14,716,763 times
Ben & Jerry's.
I wish they still made Rainforest Crunch; that was some awesome icecream. But almost any of their flavors are really good.

A close second is Kroger "Private Selection" Peanut Butter Passion.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:21 PM

5,458 posts, read 6,121,819 times
Ben and Jerry's NY Super Fudge Chunk.

Coffee, Coffee, Buzz, Buzz, but they only sell it at their stores--not packaged for retail.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:22 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,049,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OcalaLiving View Post
What's your favorite ice cream and brand?

I used to love Edy's - before the prices became outrageous. Now it seems like they don't use the highest quality ingredients anymore.

Publix brand ice cream is great - and usually there's a sale 2 containers for $7.00. Some of it still seems a little air whipped but it's a good quality store brand ice cream.
  • Chocolate
  • Cookies & Cream
But my ALL time favorite ice cream is still Baskin and Robbins

Pralines and Cream and their Chocolate. So creamy and so delicious.
I still never get the spelling correct on the first go...but Hagen Daaz, and the Pineapple Coconut icecream. That is pure heaven!!!!

Old 09-18-2013, 06:52 PM

6,219 posts, read 7,395,658 times
We have a local dairy, Blue Ribbon, that has a hellaciously good Almond Joy ice cream. It isn't my favorite, but if B & J ever decide to abandon New York Super Fudge Chunk, I know what the replacement will be!!

I'm so old that I grew up in an era where most people didn't have in-house freezers. We depended on the ice man to come every day and heave a big ol' chunk of ice into our "ice box". When we wanted ice cream, the fastest person in the house, (me) would run to the corner with a bowl, the man would dip out the flavors you requested, throw a piece of waxed paper on the top and I'd race home to the family awaiting my arrival. Gram always got Rum Raisin, Pop-Pop got strawberry, and I, well, it was chocolate for me, but I could usually get a spoonful of Gram's. Good times.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:54 PM

3,168 posts, read 4,153,023 times
Blue Bell's Pecans, Praline, and Cream
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or