U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2015, 05:01 PM

4,545 posts, read 1,954,194 times

Advertisements

My favorite flavors are vanilla (REAL vanilla), mint chocolate chip, and sea salt caramel. My favorite brands are Talenti, Graeter's, Haagen Dazs, and Strauss Family Creamery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 05:20 PM

10,282 posts, read 6,543,239 times
I think Carvel is only on the east coast but they have the best ice cream I've ever had. Their mint chocolate chip is amazing and when my mother was alive she loved their strawberry ice cream. I never found any other mint chocolate chip that comes even close to tasting so good also they use little chips that look like tiny hershey's kisses.

Old 12-20-2015, 07:32 PM

248 posts, read 15,225 times
Vanilla is my favorite. Next would probably be Orange sherbet

Old 12-26-2015, 06:31 PM

34,718 posts, read 42,870,105 times
I like most high quality ice cream, since I don't eat it very often. When I do, I want it to be great. I don't much care about the flavor, but I'll pick coffee.

Old 12-27-2015, 07:57 PM

15,299 posts, read 15,273,316 times
Not big on ice-cream.

If I was to say I liked an "ice-cream".....it would be a half-truth. You see, most of the "ice-cream" that I like is not just ice-cream. In fact, just plain ice-cream pretty much sucks to me.......on the same level that milkshakes do.......runny, no real mouth-feel and overall dissatisfying. An "ice-cream" that I like is only partially
ice-cream.....with lots of candies, chocolate-pieces, nuts, sprinkles, cookie-pieces, very thick toppings thrown-in to thicken and make it taste like something other than ice-cream.

I would rather eatvery thick and high quality frosting...as opposed to something that is too cold, runny and overall dissatisfying.

Old 12-27-2015, 10:16 PM

1,364 posts, read 96,378 times
Rainbow ice cream is a favorite. You add vanilla and sherbet to the mix.

Old 12-27-2015, 10:42 PM

8,862 posts, read 8,194,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Not big on ice-cream.
Yet you just had to share this with us:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
If I was to say I liked an "ice-cream".....it would be a half-truth. You see, most of the "ice-cream" that I like is not just ice-cream. In fact, just plain ice-cream pretty much sucks to me.......on the same level that milkshakes do.......runny, no real mouth-feel and overall dissatisfying. An "ice-cream" that I like is only partially
ice-cream.....with lots of candies, chocolate-pieces, nuts, sprinkles, cookie-pieces, very thick toppings thrown-in to thicken and make it taste like something other than ice-cream.

I would rather eat very thick and high quality frosting...as opposed to something that is too cold, runny and overall dissatisfying.

Last edited by jay5835; 12-27-2015 at 10:53 PM..

Old 12-28-2015, 08:53 AM

26,163 posts, read 14,500,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1000
What's your favorite ice cream flavor/ brand?
Soft chocolate

Old 07-18-2016, 11:13 AM

31 posts, read 12,399 times
Default What Is Your Favorite Brand and Flavor of Ice Cream?

I just discovered Eddy's Rocky Road and it's delicious. It has roasted almonds (I think the roasting brings out the flavor of the almonds better), great tasting chocolate and soft little marshmallows.

I always loved Ben & Jerry's Phish Food mostly because of the marshmallow, chocolate ice cream, and caramel. The fish shaped pieces of hard dark chocolate are fine but I'd be okay without them (not the biggest fan of dark chocolate). I love scooping out as much creamy marshmallow as I can. Love that stuff.

Another favorite is Dairy Queen's Pecan Turtle Cluster blizzard. It has lots of nuts, caramel and what tastes like the chocolate that they dip ice cream cones into to make the hard chocolate shell.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:41 AM

5,335 posts, read 7,680,379 times
Ben & Jerry's Half Baked. I rarely eat ice cream but when I do I want it to be worth the calories.

I like it to be REAL also. None of that cheap stuff that actually says, "Frozen dairy dessert" because it can't be labeled as ice cream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or