U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 05:39 AM

7,574 posts, read 9,553,992 times

Advertisements

Although I try and stay away from any soda, diet or otherwise, I actually did The Pepsi Challenge years ago and picked Coke. Pepsi and Diet Pepsi have a very sweetened flat taste to me, Coke and Diet Coke have more of a kick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 05:40 AM

706 posts, read 1,086,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrenee View Post
Dt Coke or Dt Dr Pepper, In the south you will hardly find anyone that drinks Pepsi.

Maybe in Arkansas, but Pepsi is definitely the pride of the Carolina's

Old 01-30-2008, 06:21 AM
rfb

1,843 posts, read 5,006,683 times
Diet Coke. I find Diet Pepsi too sweet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
Maybe in Arkansas, but Pepsi is definitely the pride of the Carolina's
Like anything else, I guess it depends on where you live and where you were born. Although I've been in North Carolina for over 20 years, I was raised in Georgia, which is definitely Coke country. With all the transplants in North Carolina, I find the split closer to 50-50 between Coke and Pepsi - at least given my small sampling size of friends, neighbors and co-workers.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:24 AM

836 posts, read 2,922,892 times
Pepsi is not the pride of the Carolina's Most people in the Carolina's drink Coke! Yuck Pepsi is nasty.. There is only a few restaurants that carries only pepsi products but most carries the coke product.. because when people go out to eat they always ask for coke..not yucky pepsi.. Pepsi is a Northern thing.. in Michigan they drink lots of pepsi..
However soda's are not good for you and diet drinks are even worse..they have done studies and say people should not drink diet sodas specially if they are trying to lose weight. Drink Juice or Water its healthier, or even Tea is better than soda's. I know it is hard to get off the soda kick.. been there done that,.. need a coke once in a while just to know Im still alive

Found this is an article...Researchers took a closer look at their data, they found that nearly all the obesity risk from soft drinks came from diet sodas. "There was a 41% increase in risk of being overweight for every can or bottle of diet soda a person consumes each day," according to Fowler. For diet soda drinkers who consumed 2 cans, or 24 ounces of diet soda per day, the risk of being overweight or obese was 57% higher.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:51 AM

2,489 posts, read 6,448,954 times
I am a Coke girl. If I had to choose to drink a diet drink it would be diet coke.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:28 AM

706 posts, read 1,086,308 times
Despite Georgia being Coke country, I find Pepsi to be more southern, mainly from my own perceptions of ohio and michigan people. you go up to Ohio and most of the restaurants serve coke, you go down to the hills of Ky and Tenn and you will find alot of pepsi drinkers. I believe pepsi was invented in North Carolina, if I'm not mistaken. Northern or Southern, it doesnt matter as Pepsi is so much more refreshing, and doesnt have that syrupy sweet taste like coke.

but to answer the question, that cherry coke zero is a good diet drink I will admit.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:23 AM

351 posts, read 857,372 times
I drank diet coke for years until we went on a cruise about 12 years ago. Only had pepsi products and, within 7 days, I got use to diet pepsi. I've been drinking pepsi one for awhile now and find it even better. To me, diet coke has an after-taste that I don't like anymore.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:25 AM

2,238 posts, read 8,695,129 times
Diet sodas...won't touch that nasty stuff. If I drink soda, it's Mtn Dew. Otherwise I drink water with lemon, or 100% fruit juice. That diet stuff is bad news.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:43 PM

6,571 posts, read 17,944,907 times
Does anyone know when Cherry Coke first started? In 1948 after a football game we would go to the local drive in restaurant where they had Carhops. For the hell of it, I asked the carhop for a cherry coke. She said that they did not have anything like it. I would sometimes get a sundae that had a cherry on top and would put it into the glass of coke (the glass with the name on it). She put a cherry and some of the syrup in my next glass, tasted good and told all my friends about it and they all started to ask for a CHERRY COKE. Word got around. Maybe I started the 1st CHERRY COKE. Stefhen

Old 01-31-2008, 11:14 PM

336 posts, read 758,494 times
THE CANNED DIET COKE IS MUCH TASTIER AND HAS MORE ZING.I DRINK IT AND WITHOUT THE CAFFEINE.YOU CAN GET USE TO ANYTHING,BUT IT TAKES TIME.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink