U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 04:25 PM

3,751 posts, read 10,206,509 times

Advertisements

Diet Pepsi! I live on it, but can't STAND diet coke. Isn't that weird - because I can drink regular Coke - but diet coke just makes me shudder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 12:02 AM

28,885 posts, read 15,969,660 times
Thumbs up Diet Pepsi

For me, it's Diet Pepsi. I find the taste much more refreshing than Diet Coke--although I will drink Diet Coke if it's the only thing available and I feel like having a glass of soda.

I've been reading all this material regarding how bad diet beverages are, and for that reason, I'm gradually weaning myself off diet soda and trying to drink water, juices or tea instead.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:02 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,448,242 times
I love Diet Coke, Diet Mt. Dew, Diet Sunkist, Diet Dr. Pepper, and especially Cherry Chocolate Dr. Pepper. If you are trying to avoid everything thats bad for you, good luck!

Old 02-04-2008, 01:11 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,473 posts, read 13,413,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
Pepsi is not the pride of the Carolina's Most people in the Carolina's drink Coke! Yuck Pepsi is nasty.. There is only a few restaurants that carries only pepsi products but most carries the coke product.. because when people go out to eat they always ask for coke..not yucky pepsi.. Pepsi is a Northern thing.. in Michigan they drink lots of pepsi..
However soda's are not good for you and diet drinks are even worse..they have done studies and say people should not drink diet sodas specially if they are trying to lose weight. Drink Juice or Water its healthier, or even Tea is better than soda's. I know it is hard to get off the soda kick.. been there done that,.. need a coke once in a while just to know Im still alive

Found this is an article...Researchers took a closer look at their data, they found that nearly all the obesity risk from soft drinks came from diet sodas. "There was a 41% increase in risk of being overweight for every can or bottle of diet soda a person consumes each day," according to Fowler. For diet soda drinkers who consumed 2 cans, or 24 ounces of diet soda per day, the risk of being overweight or obese was 57% higher.
Wait...that data says fat people are drinking diet soda. Isn't that who it is made for?Maybe it is not not a requisite...but simply a reaction.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:54 AM

17,835 posts, read 29,410,367 times
huge diet pepsi fan here

It's zippier than diet coke which I find to smooth
lol if that makes any sense

Old 02-04-2008, 01:34 PM

13,498 posts, read 29,444,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrenee View Post
Dt Coke or Dt Dr Pepper, In the south you will hardly find anyone that drinks Pepsi.
LOL, You've got that right! Give someone a Pepsi around here and they will give it back to you and say "do you have any real soda?".

Old 02-05-2008, 07:20 AM

100 posts, read 392,622 times
Pepsi is better than coke, but diet coke stomps diet pepsi in taste. coke zero is also good.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:08 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,585,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I am trying to switch to drinking diet sodas. Which tastes better?

My personal fave is Diet Coke. I will NOT drink Diet Pepsi. The flavor is off to me and it gets flat super fast. I can leave an open can of Diet Coke in the fridge and it is still carbonated the next day. I also prefer the plastic bottles to cans. They *seem* colder (which is a must, ice granules on the top is the best) and when you are prone to knocking things over like I am, bottles are safer.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:09 PM

170 posts, read 430,246 times
Time for the "Pepsi Challenge!"

Old 02-05-2008, 08:19 PM

283 posts, read 1,160,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrenee View Post
Dt Coke or Dt Dr Pepper, In the south you will hardly find anyone that drinks Pepsi.
Whooooa there. Try North Carolina. I think Pepsi was invented here. Everyone drinks it!

Actually, I don't like Pepsi, but I'm not originally from NC...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink