U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 05:02 AM

2,579 posts, read 2,133,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
careful, there is aspartame in some yogurts too....
This is precisely what I was going to say. You find aspartame in amny more food products than just soda drinks. Check all the low fat yougurts for example or the fruit juices with a label saying "no sugar added", or the low-fat cookies, or the no sugar chewing gums, and the list can only grow.

And to Major McCheese I would like to say that a part from the responsibility I have to look after my body, my children also consume some of these products. I personally would like to help them have a long and healthy life and prevent them from developing deseases that could have been avoided by a better diet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 07:26 AM

6,771 posts, read 6,856,061 times
I won't touch any of those fake sweeteners, aspartame gives me a headache and they all taste bad. I work in healthcare and I have heard over and over that people feel they are addicted to diet soda beyond the caffeine. I don't have a clue why that would happen. As far as vices go diet soda certainly isn't the worst, but I would stay away from it.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:50 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,599,040 times
If I know a product has apertame I wont eat it or drink it. not freaked out by it, I just wont a lot of fake, or chemical foods.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:54 PM

4,899 posts, read 16,248,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
If I know a product has apertame I wont eat it or drink it. not freaked out by it, I just wont a lot of fake, or chemical foods.
i figure the ones with the "best life" sticker on them are the better foods to eat. the yogurts with the best life do not contain aspartame. but you really need to read labels. it is in gum, some "fat free" cookies etc

Old 02-29-2008, 01:07 PM

2,937 posts, read 2,910,486 times
I'm glad I don't drink much soda anymore. Its like a chemical cocktail.

I pretty much drink a cup or two of coffee in the morning, and then water the rest of the day. Once you get used to water, nothing else quite quenches your thirst enough. Also I drink an occasional beer.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:35 PM

17,850 posts, read 19,592,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
I'm glad I don't drink much soda anymore. Its like a chemical cocktail.

I pretty much drink a cup or two of coffee in the morning, and then water the rest of the day. Once you get used to water, nothing else quite quenches your thirst enough. Also I drink an occasional beer.
The water here is even more dangerous than soda, and has a larger list of ingredients.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:02 AM

407 posts, read 714,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbon7462 View Post
I have always been a strong diet drinker, until I learned about aspertane. The artificial sweetner in diet sodas. Known to cause cancer. Well now I am trying to cut back but I just miss it sosososo much! Anyone else bothered by this or am I just crazy?
Not me. I just ignore the idiot warnings from the government since to get cancer one would have to injest some ridiculous amount. Every few months they change their stand about coffee. It is nothing but fear tactics for some reason.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:42 AM

402 posts, read 1,994,083 times
I just don't like using sweeteners...they're not natural. I don't even read studies....I would just not rather put an artificial ingrediant in my diet day after day. I'd much rather have real sugar, and cut back on other things. Even though I love soda, I've learned to drink mostly unsweet tea and water. Occasionally, I'll have soda with pizza or similar. My young children (3 and 5) have also never had more than a sip of soda....and they're thrilled with fruit juices and milk.

If I was diabetic, that'd probably be the only reason I'd drink sweeteners.

Every sweetener eventually, after years of being out, comings with links to bad things.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:39 AM

242 posts, read 744,674 times
OK so did you know alot of childrens vitamins contain it too!! Yikes...Its everywhere

Old 08-08-2008, 07:46 PM
bjh

26,060 posts, read 22,780,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor_McCheese View Post
What a bunch of cream puffs you all are. I could't care less what causes cancer. You're going die of something at some point. Enjoy your stinking life while you still have it and quit worrying about whats going to kill you next.

Bring on the Aspartame, Bring on the Bacon, Bring on the fatty steaks
Your post made me laugh, but yes i want to refrain from helping the death process along, ya know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or