U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 11:01 AM

38,435 posts, read 18,196,909 times

Advertisements

I want syrip on my pancakes and hot sauce on my eggs with toast and/or grits or homefries to soak up the yolk. I hate it when a resturant serves them together it makes me HOPPING mad; for me its like putting gravy over cake or pie.

But "everyone to their own taste said the old maid as she kissed the cow!" Bon Appetit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 12:19 PM

601 posts, read 1,710,721 times
My husband is the first person I've ever seen eat his pancakes that way. I still to this day haven't seen any one else do it.EEEEWWWWW.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:52 PM

4,121 posts, read 2,871,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
My husband is the first person I've ever seen eat his pancakes that way. I still to this day haven't seen any one else do it.EEEEWWWWW.
My DH wasn't the first I have seen to eat his pancakes with his over easy eggs on top but, omg I have to watch it and you're right it is just ewwwwwww But, then again, I think pancakes in general are ewwwww. Just too much bread for me. lol I rarely even have toast with my breakfast.

I used to own a restaurant and, overwhelmingly, most people did NOT eat their cakes and eggs this way. Actually I can count the number that requested it on one hand!

Old 02-01-2008, 10:35 PM

22,974 posts, read 57,260,296 times
ok what region are you guys from that it common to put eggs on pancakes and how it serve sunny side down? scrambled, pouched, sunny side up?

How can I put my peanut butter and strawberries on it if the eggs are in the way.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:42 AM

5,082 posts, read 12,589,902 times
I always put my easy over eggs beside my pancakes.

The first pancake in the stack I eat with Vermont Maple Syrup and melted butter.

The second pancake in the stack only gets melted butter and I dip it into the egg yolks.

The third pancake in the stack gets a fruit syrup, my favorite is Blueberry.

After that, everything just gets gobbled up, and I go for seconds and repeat the ritual all over again.

Old 02-02-2008, 05:30 PM

10,494 posts, read 10,074,410 times
I like my over easy eggs on my hotcakes, with a little bit of sausage gravy on top and a side order of scrapple. Your tongue will beat your mouth to death to get to it.

Old 02-02-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I like my over easy eggs on my hotcakes, with a little bit of sausage gravy on top and a side order of scrapple. Your tongue will beat your mouth to death to get to it.
What is scrapple?
Is it similar to hollandaise sauce?

Old 02-03-2008, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
What is scrapple?
Is it similar to hollandaise sauce?
The scrapple PTSUM likes may be a different recipe, but the scrapple I am familiar with is in the same category as chitlins as it's made from pig guts and waste like bone scrapings and head parts.

The pig "scraps" are mixed with corn meal and fried into patties.

I used to like pork, ham, and bacon, but some pig meats like head cheese, scrapple, and chitlins just didn't tickle my appetite.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
The scrapple PTSUM likes may be a different recipe, but the scrapple I am familiar with is in the same category as chitlins as it's made from pig guts and waste like bone scrapings and head parts.

The pig "scraps" are mixed with corn meal and fried into patties.

I used to like pork, ham, and bacon, but some pig meats like head cheese, scrapple, and chitlins just didn't tickle my appetite.
OYE!! I think I will stick with my hollandaise sauce no thanks. I do like how they try to make chitins sound pleasing with it new name scrapple.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
... I do like how they try to make chitins sound pleasing with it new name scrapple.
They are both old, traditional, foods.
Chitlins are pig intestines cut in little pieces and fried.
Scrapple is made from a variety of pig "scraps" hence the name scrapple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink