Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 03:41 PM

19,965 posts, read 30,111,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I disagree. There is healthy convenience food. There is, however, a difference in what is considered healthy by different people. I eat non organic vegetables and salads, and I think these are healthy. I eat low carb, without regard for fat or calories. Others have different definitions.
very well said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2015, 07:12 PM

339 posts, read 660,433 times
Mcdonalds has plain salads.

Believe it or not many Chinese food restaurants serve steamed vegetables and steamed chicken. Nothing else added. You could order with a side of brown rice.

Meal planning and prepping can help prevent buying and eating unhealthy foods

Old 12-26-2015, 07:43 PM

32,846 posts, read 36,153,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomoon View Post
Don't want to offend Americans and America but USA food is crap. You buy ANYTHING in the grocery and it stays the same consistency and color for months!!!!!!!!!!! Even if it says organic its not! One thing Europe has that is way better than America is we have the best quality of food, no matter if you are rich or poor!
This comment reminds me of the cardboard vegetable discussion.

Old 12-26-2015, 08:21 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,968,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
One thing I have noticed is apples no longer brown when left cut open. That's weird.
Yes they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins3445 View Post
Believe it or not many Chinese food restaurants serve steamed vegetables and steamed chicken. Nothing else added. You could order with a side of brown rice.
And its cheap. I've gotten steamed broccoli and brown rice a few times from the Chinese takeout place. I'm sure they could even grill up a protein and leave it plain if the OP really wanted them too.

Old 12-26-2015, 08:58 PM

4,488 posts, read 3,909,512 times
There are 3 Boston Markets in Miami....try one. Still can't believe that Miami has no grocery stores.

Old 12-26-2015, 09:47 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,815,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins3445 View Post
...many Chinese food restaurants serve steamed vegetables and steamed chicken. Nothing else added. You could order with a side of brown rice...
I'd rather eat the napkin and chopsticks.

Old 12-27-2015, 02:44 AM

5,378 posts, read 3,569,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I disagree. There is healthy convenience food. There is, however, a difference in what is considered healthy by different people. I eat non organic vegetables and salads, and I think these are healthy. I eat low carb, without regard for fat or calories. Others have different definitions.
you are eating vegetables and salads, these are not "convenience" foods, convenience foods come in little packets and you nuke them in the microwave for 3 or so minutes, the ingredients are made up of floor scrapings and the worst (and cheapest) bits of "meat" that you can think of it, most of it is "mechanically rescued".

Old 12-27-2015, 06:30 AM

19,965 posts, read 30,111,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
you are eating vegetables and salads, these are not "convenience" foods, convenience foods come in little packets and you nuke them in the microwave for 3 or so minutes, the ingredients are made up of floor scrapings and the worst (and cheapest) bits of "meat" that you can think of it, most of it is "mechanically rescued".
there is not one definition of "convenience"

you can buy the bag salads , that is a convenience

there's more to convenience than ramen noodles or pop tarts, or a lunchable

Old 12-27-2015, 06:43 AM

5,378 posts, read 3,569,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
there is not one definition of "convenience"

you can buy the bag salads , that is a convenience

there's more to convenience than ramen noodles or pop tarts, or a lunchable
nope, that's not convenience, that's lazyness

Old 12-27-2015, 06:54 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,906,412 times
Rice, beans, chicken breasts, steamed frozen veggies, plenty of options for a quick healthy meal. Eating out is nice every once in awhile but in general it's a sham. For the cost of a single meal you could make several meals yourself.

The one place I used to work had an illegal south american cleaning crew. They were nice people who would frequently bring us in stuff that they made. All cooked from scratch, cheap and very nutritious. We had burritos, tamales, all sorts of rice dishes. If someone who makes less than minimum wage, 7 days a week, working 12+ hour days can whip together a healthy meal anyone can, especially a high income white collar worker.

It sounds like more of laziness and entitlement issue than lack of time. There is a growing n umber of people who "hate" cooking. But we did we do before Panera Bread, Mickey D's, etc.

Last edited by s1alker; 12-27-2015 at 07:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink