Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 12:38 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,779,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Yum CEO Greg Creed thinks he figured out why sales at Pizza Hut have gone cold: The chain needs to be more like the car-hailing service Uber.

"If you think about the Uber experience, it's easy to use, it's easy to pay, it's very easy to track," Creed said in a phone interview from Dallas late Thursday after Yum Brands' investor day.

Pizza Hut CEO: Skip the quality and focus on convenience | Fox News
I will hit Papa Murphys or Round Table (God they are NOT cheap!) Both are great and cost savings when you think of fresh ingredients and proper pizza making.

I have done a lot of pizzas. You pay for quality, you'd better get it or let the manager know you're not coming back DUE to lousy quality. Word of mouth is a weapon or a treasured advertising method.

Old 12-18-2015, 01:38 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,311,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Exactly why I will continue to drive 12 miles past the local Pizza Hut to get to the local pizzeria owned/operated by Brooklyn natives who NEVER skip quality no matter the convenience.
Bingo!

Old 12-18-2015, 01:52 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
I buy my pizza at my local pizza place where a old Italian guy is glad to see me and welcomes me rather than a chain place where the guy at the counter could give a f less if I'm there or not. Yes I pay more but I get better quality and a happy business owner who does care.
I can't remember the last time I ate a chain place pizza.
If PH went out of business tomorrow I wouldn't know about it

Last edited by Electrician4you; 12-18-2015 at 03:03 PM..

Old 12-18-2015, 02:49 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Exactly. But then again, this is a CD restaurant thread, so bring on the X Restaurant brand bashers. I like Pizza Hut. Our local Pizza Hut's pizzas are quite good. The key to getting a better tasting pizza is to pick it up yourself. Delivery takes so long that by the time we get it, the pizza is cold, so it tastes terrible. I don't like having to pay a $2.50 "delivery fee" (what's that for anyway? The drivers use their personal vehicles). Then I have to tip the driver on top of paying that to get a pizza that takes at least 45 minutes to arrive, sometimes 1 1/2 hours. I can pick it up myself 15 minutes after I order, save $5.00, and the pizza actually tastes great. Wow, what a concept.
Really good pizza actually tastes pretty good cold and reheats beautifully.

Old 12-18-2015, 02:51 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
I honestly don't understand how chains like Pizza Hut and Dominos stay in business. Why anyone would chose these 2 over local pizza places I will never understand.
I've heard nasty rumors that in some places those are the only choices.

Old 12-18-2015, 03:25 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
Yum CEO Greg Creed thinks he figured out why sales at Pizza Hut have gone cold: The chain needs to be more like the car-hailing service Uber.

"If you think about the Uber experience, it's easy to use, it's easy to pay, it's very easy to track," Creed said in a phone interview from Dallas late Thursday after Yum Brands' investor day.

Why has Pizza Hut gone cold? The obvious reason should be too much focus is in delivery and carryout and not enough on dine in. Domino's, Little Caesar's, and Papa John's have defeated Pizza Hut in delivery and carryout. Pizza Hut excels in dine in.

How can Pizza Hut fix itself? First, it needs to limit its focus on delivery and carryout. This segment is over-saturated. Second, more dine-in locations are needed. Third, Pizza Hut is known for quality, not convenience. Going for convenience with inferior products can run business into the ground.

Old 12-18-2015, 04:41 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,212,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
. Pizza Hut excels in dine in.
Unfortunately not anymore.

Old 12-19-2015, 05:29 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,920,039 times
Pizza hut was one of my fond memories of being a kid in the 90s. I used to do that book club thing in school where you could earn points to get a personal pan pizza. Other than that, I have only been to Pizza Hut perhaps 2-3 times in the last 15 years so I have no idea what it's like now. A part of getting older is having a more mature taste for cuisine. Fast food for me just does not taste as good as it did when I was a young kid.

Old 12-19-2015, 07:44 AM

6,048 posts, read 18,415,087 times
Quote:

Too many fast food CEOS are letting quality slip. McDonald's and Burger Kings hamburgers have shrunk and become just about inedible thanks to the emphasis on keeping items cheap and fast. Just MHO.

Old 12-19-2015, 09:40 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,333,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
Too many fast food CEOS are letting quality slip. McDonald's and Burger Kings hamburgers have shrunk and become just about inedible thanks to the emphasis on keeping items cheap and fast. Just MHO.
Except their prices have gone up and they are phasing out the dollar menu. They're struggling to compete with the rise of "fast casual" restaurants like 5 Guys, Panera, Chipotle, Moe's etc... whose prices might be a few dollars more.

But if a big Mac friends and coke is now $8 for lower quality and smaller portions, I'd rather go to 5 guys for $12 and get fresh food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink