U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 09:39 AM

3,482 posts, read 6,035,794 times

Advertisements

We have one, and have purchased several for gifts.. We love ours, and we have gotten nothing but great feedback from the ones we have given.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2018, 01:00 AM

3,625 posts, read 3,100,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmilleerr View Post
Thinking of getting an air fryer. Saw the video on Buffalo air fryer. Looks good. Like to have feedback from those using one, any brand will do. My concern is the reliability, breaking down after a year of use? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
We have one, and have purchased several for gifts.. We love ours, and we have gotten nothing but great feedback from the ones we have given.
Well I don't want to be persnickety but is there a brand recommendation from anyone who has one, uses it somewhat regularly and is relatively satisfied with their use of it?

Old 03-06-2018, 05:16 AM
Status: "His 'alternative facts' go marching on!" (set 13 days ago)

51,098 posts, read 36,336,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainLineMommy View Post
My parents bought one of these and were recently telling us about how much they love it. My dad has been using it to make anything that they previously fried. Apparently you can use it for just about anything you would throw into a regular fryer. He even recently made funnel cakes. Says that the taste is great and everything they make in it is so much healthier.

If someone confirms they make really good fish & chips I'd be browsing through Amazon.

Old 03-06-2018, 05:39 AM

67,253 posts, read 76,924,897 times
I am not going to claim that but I will tell you we did a game hen on Sunday and OMG, it was the best we have ever had. We did a second one for a friend at church who is going through chemo right now and doesn't have the energy to cook for hubby and her. We have also done great buffalo wings in ours. Yes, in both cases the meat did brown nicely. The only fish and chips we have done has been using frozen cod and frozen hash browns.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:49 AM
Status: "His 'alternative facts' go marching on!" (set 13 days ago)

51,098 posts, read 36,336,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am not going to claim that but I will tell you we did a game hen on Sunday and OMG, it was the best we have ever had. We did a second one for a friend at church who is going through chemo right now and doesn't have the energy to cook for hubby and her. We have also done great buffalo wings in ours. Yes, in both cases the meat did brown nicely. The only fish and chips we have done has been using frozen cod and frozen hash browns.

That's where I'm a little confused with how they work. I'm interested in making a batter for fish, shrimp, and scallops. Doesn't sound like it'd work on a solid surface, do air fryers have some sort of grid the food goes on so the heat reaches all sides or? I've done it at home with oil in a dutch oven with good results but with it being a bit messy and needing to filter/store the oil being the downside.

Old 03-07-2018, 01:18 PM

8,972 posts, read 3,409,265 times
Geez, I want one now. Someone please stop me.

Old 03-07-2018, 01:27 PM

2,421 posts, read 1,607,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
No, no...go ahead and get it!

Old 03-07-2018, 01:40 PM

10,932 posts, read 15,714,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I was not convinced:>) Wings, asparagus, bacon, sausage, chicken thighs with skin were delightful the other day, reheating works for me - hamburger steak turned out very well, home made tortilla chips, pre-fab such as fries or battered chicken/fish, ... The other day stuffed sweet crepes:>)

Old 03-08-2018, 06:03 AM

18,300 posts, read 1,663,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
That's where I'm a little confused with how they work. I'm interested in making a batter for fish, shrimp, and scallops. Doesn't sound like it'd work on a solid surface, do air fryers have some sort of grid the food goes on so the heat reaches all sides or? I've done it at home with oil in a dutch oven with good results but with it being a bit messy and needing to filter/store the oil being the downside.

I did a home batter on some chicken & cooked it in the air fryer, it turned out well, so yes, you can do the fish in it. I tend to buy the pre battered cod at Costco, it is very good, & cooks beautifully in the air fryer. When I had my own batter mix, it was a bit messy, but it just pulls our for cleaning & it fits in the dishwasher, so it is not a big deal to us.
The only drawback for fish & chips, with us, is that I have to do it in batches, as the fries & the fish need to be cooked separately, so I keep them warm in the toaster oven, while the fish cooks. We have a small one, but it fits in the kitchen

Old 03-09-2018, 10:03 AM

18,300 posts, read 1,663,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I did a home batter on some chicken & cooked it in the air fryer, it turned out well, so yes, you can do the fish in it. I tend to buy the pre battered cod at Costco, it is very good, & cooks beautifully in the air fryer. When I had my own batter mix, it was a bit messy, but it just pulls our for cleaning & it fits in the dishwasher, so it is not a big deal to us.
The only drawback for fish & chips, with us, is that I have to do it in batches, as the fries & the fish need to be cooked separately, so I keep them warm in the toaster oven, while the fish cooks. We have a small one, but it fits in the kitchen
On second thoughts to the poster ( burdell)who does their own batter on fish, it may not work as well for you, as your current method. While my home batter chicken was edible & tasty it was not as crunchy as the store bought pre battered ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink