Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2016, 08:56 PM

99,071 posts, read 4,466,849 times

Advertisements

Spaghetti and meatballs, steamed squash and garlic toast.

Old 12-31-2016, 08:59 PM

38,642 posts, read 22,637,894 times
Sauteed pork chops
Brown rice
Steamed broccoli

Old 12-31-2016, 09:03 PM

1,092 posts, read 826,128 times
Sister & brother-in-law showed up unannounced... had to come up with something that was not so much clever but fast & filling! So, it was Chicken/Rotel/spaghetti, green beans, rolls & banana bread with applesauce.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:14 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,393,115 times
I'm clearly trying to gain 10 pounds this week. What didn't I eat?

I guess dinner was French bread with artichoke spread and salami. Brussels sprouts. Thin slices of Japanese pink radish with butter and salt. Pretzels. Lots of chocolate. Still grazing...

Old 12-31-2016, 10:25 PM

1,013 posts, read 1,413,875 times
DH and I had Hamburgers with good Wisconsin colby cheese on top - and queso with tortilla chips. Brownies for dessert.

Old 12-31-2016, 10:34 PM

10,023 posts, read 17,933,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngID View Post
Roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing with celery, carrots, onions, and broccoli. I make a bed of celery, carrots, and onions in my cast iron skillet. Stuff half of a raw onion and half of a lemon in the cavity and roast on top of the vegetables. When done roasting, while the chicken is resting, I discard the vegetables and make my gravy with vegetable and chicken drippings. Comes out awesome!
That looks and sounds great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
First off, I should tell you that I am definitely a minimalist in the kitchen and do not collect small appliances, so when I received an Instant Pot from my in-laws for Christmas, I was wary. However, after a week of using it, I am seriously in love with this thing. IN. LOVE.

Tonight, it will be enchiladas using the pound of unsoaked black beans I just pressure cooked in 35 MINUTES from dry beans straight out of the package! IN LOVE I TELL YOU! I know, I know, I'm late to the party. Other people were on to this thing two or more years ago and tried to tell me. I ignored them to my now regret, but I'm a convert. It's the best thing that's happened to my cooking since, well, ever.
I have never even HEARD of an "instant pot" so now of course I am very intrigued!

For me tonight it was leftovers ... a couple of slices of leftover pizza plus a peach sour (like a peach daiquiri except with whiskey instead of rum). Very yummy ...

Tomorrow (New Year's) is my birthday (58 ) but I will have a very quiet celebration. My SO was just up over Thanksgiving so won't be able to come back for another week. I actually don't mind at all -- I was never a big partier, but especially not now at my advanced age!

Wishing everyone a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve.

Old 12-31-2016, 10:57 PM

23,883 posts, read 32,169,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
First off, I should tell you that I am definitely a minimalist in the kitchen and do not collect small appliances, so when I received an Instant Pot from my in-laws for Christmas, I was wary. However, after a week of using it, I am seriously in love with this thing. IN. LOVE.

Tonight, it will be enchiladas using the pound of unsoaked black beans I just pressure cooked in 35 MINUTES from dry beans straight out of the package! IN LOVE I TELL YOU! I know, I know, I'm late to the party. Other people were on to this thing two or more years ago and tried to tell me. I ignored them to my now regret, but I'm a convert. It's the best thing that's happened to my cooking since, well, ever.
I got one a couple of years ago and I share your enthusiasm. Glad you are happy! We eat lots of beans - so this is a must for us!

Happy for you random.

Old 12-31-2016, 11:05 PM

23,883 posts, read 32,169,141 times
We went out to the club for dinner with a few friends. Just got back. I had pan seared scallops with grilled asparagus. Salad with blue cheese dressing. Potato fritters with sweet and spicy dip.

Pomegranate Martini.

Blueberry cheesecake. Irish Coffee.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope this year is good to you and yours!

Old 01-01-2017, 06:16 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,187,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
We went out to the club for dinner with a few friends. Just got back. I had pan seared scallops with grilled asparagus. Salad with blue cheese dressing. Potato fritters with sweet and spicy dip.

Pomegranate Martini.

Blueberry cheesecake. Irish Coffee.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope this year is good to you and yours!
wow, sounds like a winner dinner to me.

My DS is asking for tuna casserole, so that's what I'll do. Pecan tarts for dessert.

Tonight I'll make cowboy beans and cornbread

Last edited by Beretta; 01-01-2017 at 09:04 AM..

Old 01-01-2017, 06:18 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,862,523 times
Default http://www.city-data.com/forum/food-drink/2697970-whats-dinner-tonight-2017-a.html

We are having baked ham, sweet potatoes and cold slaw. Not quite what I had planned as we usually have the traditional southern dinner, but I have decided to vary it just a bit.

Happy New Year all! I pray for health and happiness for us all!

Last edited by Beretta; 01-01-2017 at 09:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink