Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2016, 07:00 PM

38,859 posts, read 22,845,735 times

Advertisements

2 pieces of fried chicken with brown rice and corn.

Old 09-06-2016, 07:02 PM

24,094 posts, read 32,431,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
If I may humbly suggest an addition, you can make a tasty blender avocado taco sauce by upping the lime juice a bit and adding a small clove of garlic and a Serrano or jalapeño pepper. Add a little water if it's too thick. This can also be done without the yogurt.

My easy dinner tonight is a cornucopia of carbs: corn dogs with ketchup and mustard and a buttered bagel.
So, a little more lime juice and a Serrano or Jalepeno? And with out the yogurt? My son would agree. He's a vegan and loves everything spicy. I like spicy things also. I also like creamy things. I'm definitely going to add more lime juice. I'm good with the pepper addition. I love both kinds of peppers! I'd love to add. I'm just not sure about removing the Greek yogurt? Exchange it for sour cream? Add a second avocado?

Please, I am very open.

Old 09-06-2016, 07:20 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,490,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
So, a little more lime juice and a Serrano or Jalepeno? And with out the yogurt? My son would agree. He's a vegan and loves everything spicy. I like spicy things also. I also like creamy things. I'm definitely going to add more lime juice. I'm good with the pepper addition. I love both kinds of peppers! I'd love to add. I'm just not sure about removing the Greek yogurt? Exchange it for sour cream? Add a second avocado?

Please, I am very open.
The yogurt is a thickener and you add water to this sauce to make it thinner, but I bet it would be great if you keep the yogurt and add a bit more water. The amount of chiles are purely to taste - I think this sauce should be on the hot side because you have the cooling counterbalances of the avocado and the yogurt. I might do two avocados and two chiles, depending on their size.

I first had a green hot sauce like this at Olvera Street in downtown LA - across the road from beautiful Union Station. There it is served with the most delicious yet inexpensive rolled tacos or taquitos - hot right out of the grease.

Most green sauces are tomatillo based and I'm not a huge fan of them.

Old 09-06-2016, 07:42 PM

802 posts, read 642,042 times
Brinner. Ham steak, eggs Saratoga, hash browns, and biscuits.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:26 PM

4,326 posts, read 1,260,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
The yogurt is a thickener and you add water to this sauce to make it thinner, but I bet it would be great if you keep the yogurt and add a bit more water. The amount of chiles are purely to taste - I think this sauce should be on the hot side because you have the cooling counterbalances of the avocado and the yogurt. I might do two avocados and two chiles, depending on their size.

I first had a green hot sauce like this at Olvera Street in downtown LA - across the road from beautiful Union Station. There it is served with the most delicious yet inexpensive rolled tacos or taquitos - hot right out of the grease.

Most green sauces are tomatillo based and I'm not a huge fan of them.
Great advice, Debsi!

I like the idea of adding two avocados and two (or three) chiles as well, and not too heavy on the yogurt.

Tonight, I had a turkey sub with jalapeño potato chips.

Old 09-06-2016, 10:47 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,874,777 times
I had pancakes with fresh blueberries and some fresh squeezed orange juice. I love breakfast for dinner.

Old 09-06-2016, 10:53 PM

150 posts, read 180,871 times
I had one piece of Hungry Howie's pizza and some salad from there as well.

Old 09-07-2016, 04:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
We are having our daughter over for her weekly visit. We are having meat loaf, not your basic mommy's meat loaf. I add a few extra ingredients to give it a little bite. We are also having rice, snow peas and small fruit salad.

Old 09-07-2016, 06:05 AM

4,691 posts, read 3,467,369 times

Sometimes a simple dinner is best. This is the plate I made for the husband last night. I made a smaller version for me and the kids. Tuna on croissants, Utz chips and a pickle.

Tonight I am grilling marinated in Italian dressing chicken breast and putting it on a large salad.

Old 09-07-2016, 07:44 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
That is a good-looking sandwich, and I love the snowman skewers.

We had a late lunch yesterday and were not super hungry. I picked up a little cheese assortment at the deli (dill havarti, brie, and a couple cheeses with some yummy salty crystals), some olives and marinated mushrooms from the salad bar, and a chunk of smoked salmon. We munched.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.