Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 02:16 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times

Advertisements

I actually like McDonald's . . . well, at least their breakfast and apple pies. But I like other places more, including Chipotle and Chick Fil A, so McDonald's rarely gets my business now.

Old 01-27-2016, 02:24 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I had occasion to stop at one, where I ordered 2 cheeseburgers. Really awful. Stale, plasticky roll. Tasteless burgers. It's been this way for a couple of years. I almost never eat there, so I remember very specifically each occasion. Bad burgers in 2016 and 2013. The last time it was good was 2007. I didn't happen to eat there 2008-2013, so I can't say when it went off.
I'll never eat one of their burgers again. I was going to eat one in 2011, but it was so bad I threw it out.

Old 01-27-2016, 04:01 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
I wish I could remember what the burger was called they had back in the early 90's, it had spicy Dijon mustard and purple onions. It was the best burger they ever sold IMO.

Old 01-27-2016, 04:31 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
I used to like the McDLT.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:11 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
I eat there occasionally, but they really need a third window to fix all the things they screw up at the first two windows!!

Old 01-28-2016, 11:53 AM

17,182 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I wish I could remember what the burger was called they had back in the early 90's, it had spicy Dijon mustard and purple onions. It was the best burger they ever sold IMO.
Not the Arch Deluxe, was it?

Anyway, I was a huge fan of their angus burgers. Those things were delish.

That said, their quarter-pounders really aren't that bad. No, they're not going to be gourmet burgers, but I do find them to be better than BK's... Then again, I don't eat buns unless they're on a hot female, so all I'm really eating/tasting is the meat and garnish, which I think they do fairly well for fast food.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:56 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
I resurrected this thread, because I recently had a really good Big Mac. I may have reported on this thread before, that the last time I got a Big Mac and fries, they were terrible and I didnt eat much of them.
So, we were traveling this week, and the old Big Mac craving caused us to try again. This is the first time we've gone there since they started with the 3 sizes. Anyway, I got the regular size and it was loaded with sauce and lettuce and was really yummy.
I don't know if it was just a good day at that store, or if there have been some improvements across the board, but I'll probably get one again in 6 months or so.

Old 03-15-2017, 11:50 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,161,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I resurrected this thread, because I recently had a really good Big Mac. I may have reported on this thread before, that the last time I got a Big Mac and fries, they were terrible and I didnt eat much of them.
So, we were traveling this week, and the old Big Mac craving caused us to try again. This is the first time we've gone there since they started with the 3 sizes. Anyway, I got the regular size and it was loaded with sauce and lettuce and was really yummy.
I don't know if it was just a good day at that store, or if there have been some improvements across the board, but I'll probably get one again in 6 months or so.
I recently had a fish filet and it was really good - it was hot and the outside was lightly crispy and the fish very moist, taste fresh to me. Bad fish filet is when it is lukewarm and the cheese is not melted but looks rubbery and the fish is not good but a bit on the dry side and smallish.

The fries when they are good come out crispy and not too greasy, lightly salted. Bad fries is too well done, some of the fries brown or they are bits from the frying basket leftovers.

I don't regularly eat at McDonalds but I get there maybe every other month so I want that meal to be a good one, I know how disappointing it could be when you get a dud meal.

Old 03-16-2017, 03:45 PM

939 posts, read 788,187 times
I used to like the Bacon Egg Cheese McGriddle w/a rounded egg in place of the folded one because sometimes, it's a rude awakening between the sweet pancake and the bland dry egg. Perhaps they should add an 1/8 of a teaspoon to the flat eggs?
I do think they should add an 1/8 of a teaspoon to the BECM pancake itself as some seem like they don't have any in them at all and this would compensate for that.

"Till recently, I was getting the 2 Egg McMuffin special.
I request to get the buns lightly toasted as they usually arrive with charcoal around the edges.
I avoid ingesting charcoal even on meat (where it's pretty darn tasty) 'cause I don't want to ingest that, so you can imagine my reluctance to blackened English muffins.

The round eggs seem to be uncooked for at least half of the sandwich...I don't dare ask them to just warm (under-cook) the muffins and overcook the eggs.
Sometimes, they get the buns right, others the buns are not only charred, but rock hard as well!

They made an announcement over a year ago that they would only allow certain items to be ordered via the drive-thru to lessen the wait times for the masses.
I don't know if that ever happened as I never see anyone pull over to the reserved wait spots.

I also seem to wait long times for an order that finally comes out of the window, only to contain one small bag...since they don't want to have 1 person walk out to bring that order to that one car, 5 or 6 cars have to wait.
I sure would like to see them put the Fast back into Fast Food.

When I want a little ice cream fix, I just get a plain sundae (ice cream in a cup) because when they load the cones in the dispenser, they are taken out of the plastic, laid on top of a counter containing public mouth moisture...talking/sneezing and possible germs from people placing their money on it, by hands that just took money from one or more customers.

When handing someone a Sundae w/wo choc. fudge out the window, they may want to include a napkin or two as well, since that stuff can drop and stain too! I suggested that in an online survey a couple of years ago...

My two hacks:

The bacon McGriddle (round egg) is good with a side of vanilla ice cream to dip into.

Try an Egg McMuffin with filleted fish only (dry,no sauce for me) inside the EM.

Great idea making all breakfast items available all day.

Old 03-16-2017, 03:52 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noregon98 View Post
...Perhaps they should add an 1/8 of a teaspoon to the flat eggs?
I do think they should add an 1/8 of a teaspoon to the BECM pancake itself as some seem like they don't have any in them at all and this would compensate for that...
Add 1/8 tsp of what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink