Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 06:28 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,874,646 times

Advertisements

On very rare occasions I have purchased coke zero ,but only drank half of the bottle. In truth it isn't bad just not refreshing. I find cold filtered water refreshing ,but lately either get Simply Limeade or we squeeze limes and add a little sugar even Xylitol ,but mostly sugar. My point is I find Sodas simply aweful tasting and unhealthy . Diet sodas are jacked with super sugar additives one of the worse drinks for diabetics on earth. Caffeinated drinks are tough on the kidney's and lattes are killing Americans. All these drinks drive the body into acidosis some having a PH of 2.5 whereas an alkaline is near 7! Cancers are advantageous when fed by sugars and low PH. Coke is corrosive as are all coloa's some containing 8-12 tsps of refined sugar. Artificial sweeteners like Splenda, aspertame, and frutose are dangerous in their own ways they metabolize. Aspertame converts to wood alcohol and metabolizes to the brain quickly. The hits alter transmitters and invade tissue that can result in seizures, blindness ( temporary) brain tumors, stroke, and aggravating temporal arteritis. Plus the gut cannot figure out what to do with these substances. If one evaluates coffee additive ingredients it's like they threw the kitchen sink of carcinogens into these unmonitored death traps!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 06:42 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,244,588 times
I drink coffee, don't like coke, but here's a secret. If you don't like it, don't drink it, and if others want to drink it, it is really not your business!

Old 02-09-2016, 06:46 AM

3,671 posts, read 3,552,551 times
I love coffee and am definitely addicted to it. As for sodas, wife has never let me have them, and I'm thankful for it. In my entire adulthood, I could say I've drank less than a 6-pack of soda pop.

She makes real lemonade - which I love.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:12 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
I may have a couple sodas a year. Mainly because they are empty, unhealthy calories. I don't add sugar to any of my beverages, and I try to stay away from artificial sweeteners. I drink coconut water once in a while, kombucha (I like it), right now I have some sparkling water with some fruit added (very low sugar), unsweetened herbal or regular tea, or water.

What's in my coffee? I looked it up and it said some other materials get in at harvest (soy, corn, etc.), but I eat that anyway. /lol
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-09-2016, 10:28 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,725,069 times
We didn't have cokes in our house when I was being raised but every chance I got out and "down street" I was buying cokes at the soda fountain...talk about loaded with sugar....I have a mouthful of dental work. At 77 thank goodness I haven't had any dental work for probably 20 yrs....

I cringe when I see people carry out cases of cokes....yes, it's their business their body....but not good stuff. I carry out bottles of pure water.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:47 AM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
My water doesn't even need to be "filtered" (whatever that means!)...as long as it's cold! No "bottled" water, unless that's all that's available. It's all H2O...

We aren't big soda drinkers....maybe a coke or orange once a month....and NEVER, EVER a "diet" soda...what a misnomer that is!

Old 02-09-2016, 11:26 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,874,646 times
Thanks posters. Yeah lemonade is refreshing and if real contains vitamin C and you hydrate. As for coffee I drink four to five cups per day ( quite acidic) so it somewhat contradicts my thread. There are known flavanoids in coffee that are heart and neuro healthy. Lemons and limes stimulate the thyroid especially where a person is hypothyroid. As a side point I got a gal who had kidney stones chronically and got her to begin taking a few tsps of apple vinegar. It literally cured her and never again got stones which are dissolved by vinegar including white. Odd add-on to the thread ,but it could help someone?

Old 02-09-2016, 11:44 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,725,069 times
I drink 2 cups organic coffee daily, no tap water, don't want chlorine and fluoride in my coffee. I add red mill baking soda and fresh lemon to the grounds. Cuts acid and makes coffee silky smooth...use coconut milk creamer for milk. No sugar or even stevia anymore.

I drink room temp water and often add fresh lemon squeeze to my water. No tap water -- our city sold out and added fluoride to our public water in 2009....another topic.

I was raised in fluoridated water, still have a mouthful of dental work...

Sugars are killers.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:09 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,886,387 times
I drink filtered water (cold), black coffee, iced tea, or sparkling water, preferably Italian. The only time I'll drink soda is if I happen to be in a slice place, and I'll get a Coke or Pepsi.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:54 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
The hits alter transmitters and invade tissue that can result in seizures, blindness ( temporary) brain tumors, stroke, and aggravating temporal arteritis. Plus the gut cannot figure out what to do with these substances. If one evaluates coffee additive ingredients it's like they threw the kitchen sink of carcinogens into these unmonitored death traps!!
Hyperbole, much? If a tenth as many people stroked out, seized to death or otherwise died as YOU seem to think, these companies would have been sued out of existence. If you don't wanna drink this stuff, fine... But I'm perfectly healthy - I drink 2-3 glasses of diet Mt.Dew a day and and a couple cups of coffee....I actually hate the taste of water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink