Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 08:06 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,680,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1DomesticGoddess View Post
I might try their chili cheese dog just once, and just for curiosity, and I hope they are 100 percent beef.

It was in the 70's when either Wendy's or Burger King already had Chili Dogs on their menu, and I loved 'em. I make them at home once in a while, and I still enjoy them.
Beef dogs don't taste as good as pork/chicken ones. You need good mix of fat and the texture of beef just not very juicy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 08:33 PM

17,562 posts, read 15,220,914 times
BK hasn't had a new menu item that's stuck in quite some time that I can think of.. Frozen Coke, maybe? Look at the wasteland of failed products..

Sliders, BK Stacker, the ultimate omlette (?).. The Chicken Whopper has gone through about 5 name changes.. Chicken Fries(yes, I know they're back).. Yumbo, which technically you could always get (Go in and ask for a hot ham and cheese), Satisfries.. Big King

This is just another menu item that will come and go in the span of 6 months.. Here's the problem I see with it..

They'll sell like hotcakes the first month.. Then people will get sick of them, they'll sit in water in a steamer all day, the handful of people who would continue to order will get one of these disgusting hot dogs that's been held for 8 hours and won't order it again..

Take their chicken nuggets. You go in the wrong BK at the wrong time.. You'll break a tooth on those things. Most of their restaurants do not respect hold times for food.

I'll give them points for a new concept. Better than the "Fry Burger" or whatever they did.. A damn burger with 4 fries on top of it.. Someone probably got paid millions for that.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:39 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,620,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
BK hasn't had a new menu item that's stuck in quite some time that I can think of.. Frozen Coke, maybe? Look at the wasteland of failed products..

Sliders, BK Stacker, the ultimate omlette (?).. The Chicken Whopper has gone through about 5 name changes.. Chicken Fries(yes, I know they're back).. Yumbo, which technically you could always get (Go in and ask for a hot ham and cheese), Satisfries.. Big King

This is just another menu item that will come and go in the span of 6 months.. Here's the problem I see with it..

They'll sell like hotcakes the first month.. Then people will get sick of them, they'll sit in water in a steamer all day, the handful of people who would continue to order will get one of these disgusting hot dogs that's been held for 8 hours and won't order it again..

Take their chicken nuggets. You go in the wrong BK at the wrong time.. You'll break a tooth on those things. Most of their restaurants do not respect hold times for food.

I'll give them points for a new concept. Better than the "Fry Burger" or whatever they did.. A damn burger with 4 fries on top of it.. Someone probably got paid millions for that.
Why would flame broiled hotdogs ever be put in a water bath in a steamer? It's Burger King, they'll make them to order.

Old 02-21-2016, 03:19 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,804,420 times
The line at Costco to get a hot dog us prerty long. All day, open to close. Somebody is eating those hot dogs. Including me - I almost always get one when I'm there, onions only, please.

Old 02-21-2016, 05:17 AM

43,610 posts, read 44,341,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Burger King's newest menu item: Grilled Dogs

So what does everyone think? Will this work? Would you try them? Should they add corn dogs?
In general I don't like hot dogs. So there would be no reason for me to try them.

Old 02-21-2016, 06:42 AM

3,671 posts, read 3,551,825 times
Food for thought....
Many moons back, my Sister-in-law worked at a factory where hot dogs were produced.
I will never forget her words...

'I'll never eat another hot dog after seeing them in the liquid form...'

Old 02-21-2016, 09:25 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,949,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Burger King's newest menu item: Grilled Dogs

So what does everyone think? Will this work? Would you try them? Should they add corn dogs?
No. I don't go out to eat for hot dogs, even though I like them on the grill at home. But they are way overpriced at the restaurant. I can't believe the James Coney Island chain is still in business. Those are some insanely overpriced hot dogs and fries. I actually like the Burger King burgers. I think they taste great, but I don't go out to eat there anymore because of their drink selection, oddly enough. They only carry one diet drink: Diet Coke. I can't stand the taste of Diet Coke. It tastes like liquid Sweet 'n' Low, and I like Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper, or Coke Zero instead. But Burger King refuses to keep up with the times, and unlike the majority of fast food chains, continues to carry only Diet Coke, and the rest of the drinks are the sugary ones I dislike as well. And since they won't let me opt out the drink entirely and save $1-$2, I don't go there anymore at all. Typical corporate mentality: be inflexible with customers and succeed in losing 100% of their revenue

Old 02-21-2016, 10:22 AM

497 posts, read 386,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Beef dogs don't taste as good as pork/chicken ones. You need good mix of fat and the texture of beef just not very juicy.
Nope, I still prefer the "all-beef" hot dogs! And I think they taste better than a dog mixed with chicken/pork.

Old 02-21-2016, 11:30 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,964,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
They had the hot dogs at the Burger Kings in my area over the summer. The location I went to said they can't keep them in stock because it was their most popular item.

My daughter likes them even though there are a million Coney Islands around here. I think that is why they are putting them on the menu.

They gave them a test run during the summer and they worked very well.
Interesting

When I first heard the news I thought they are going crazy. I consider hotdogs like the lowest form of fast food.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:31 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,804,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
No. I don't go out to eat for hot dogs, even though I like them on the grill at home. But they are way overpriced at the restaurant. I can't believe the James Coney Island chain is still in business. Those are some insanely overpriced hot dogs and fries. I actually like the Burger King burgers. I think they taste great, but I don't go out to eat there anymore because of their drink selection, oddly enough. They only carry one diet drink: Diet Coke. I can't stand the taste of Diet Coke. It tastes like liquid Sweet 'n' Low, and I like Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper, or Coke Zero instead. But Burger King refuses to keep up with the times, and unlike the majority of fast food chains, continues to carry only Diet Coke, and the rest of the drinks are the sugary ones I dislike as well. And since they won't let me opt out the drink entirely and save $1-$2, I don't go there anymore at all. Typical corporate mentality: be inflexible with customers and succeed in losing 100% of their revenue
Huh? Buger King has installed Coca-Cola Freestyle Machines, giving you a choice if over 100 different soda flavors. Burger King Introduces Coca-Cola's Freestyle Fountains: The Coca-Cola Company

And what do you mean they won't let you opt out of ordering a drink??? You order your hamburfer, you order your frues, you sit down and eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink