Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 12:45 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times

Advertisements

I actually like Jet's Pizza - don't know if they are all over or just in Florida but it's a very tasty pizza. However my favorite local place is Papa Joe's, a mom and pop kind of place with a genuine New York type pizza.

I hate Domino's (it's the McDonalds of pizza) and Papa John's. I hesitate to even call it pizza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 12:46 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
I've had so many bad pizzas I get ill just thinking about it.

Old 03-19-2016, 12:46 PM

811 posts, read 1,147,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
There is no such thing.
Agreed!! Right down to the school cafeteria pizza that Kittensparkles posted... There are so many ways to do pizza. SO MANY. Sure, some are more impressive than others, but they all have their place. Some are better, but none are bad. I even get a hankerin' for those carboardesque frozen Totinos sometimes... For all my heady (probably obnoxious), couture food-loving posts, pizza is easily my desert island food.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:08 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,212,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandCityGirl View Post
I even get a hankerin' for those carboardesque frozen Totinos sometimes... For all my heady (probably obnoxious), couture food-loving posts, pizza is easily my desert island food.
I even like those Tony's and Red Baron pizzas! I hear ya!

Old 03-19-2016, 01:42 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
Unfortunately yes there is. I won't order Papa John's anymore as their quality took a nosedive over the years. I had deep dish style pizza from a place in Austin once and never went there again. The texture was spongy and the tomato flavor of the sauce was off. I have no idea how you can mess up melted cheese but that had a weird flavor too.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:46 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
I love pizza, but geezo...there definitely is BAD pizza.

I don't mean those chain pizzas, either. Maybe my area has held consistent if not improved with quality, but PJ, PH, and D have been decent/ok around here since I was a kid. I consider these middle-of-the-road pizzas.

But there are actual BAD, BAD pizzas out there. Like cardboard with fake cheese. Like filthy nasty.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:08 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,148,398 times
LOL: good thread, OP. Simple premise, lots of ways to answer.

The is a national chain, initials L.C., that has close to "bad" pizza as one might find IMO. That doesn't stop me from popping in for a quick pie once a month or so when I'm busy...they always have a few handy...for less than ten bucks. You get what you pay for, though.

The genuinely good stuff in this town, with thoughtfully chosen spices, cheeses, and other ingredients are typically $20 and up for a good-size pie. That, too, is to be expected.

Nor do I find "Indian" pizza all that interesting. In fact, the total opposite. But hey: Indians probably make them for other Indians, mostly. And if they sell plenty, I say: Capitalism reigns supreme again! Count me out, though.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:26 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,452,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
You've never eaten at Pizza Hut then.

With Pizza Hut, in my opinion - it's not good pizza, but it's good chain pizza. If I'm craving pizza - I will not want to go to Pizza Hut. I will only go to Pizza Hut if I specifically want Pizza Hut for some reason. (I do love their pan crust!)

I love the mom and pop place up the road from me. NY style and huge slices!

It just annoys me when people mention their favorite pizza place is "insert chain here." I used to be one of those when I was a teen. Now, I realize that local places are so much better!

However, for local places - I haven't found one that I am not a fan of yet, and I've had a LOT of pizza. LOL. At my old job, a coworker nicknamed me Pizza Monster - or PM for short. I don't know whats worse - the nickname or the fact I responded to PM! LOL!

Old 03-19-2016, 02:56 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
There is no such thing.

If it were a thing, Steely Dan would have done a song about it.

Old 03-19-2016, 03:30 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
There is no such thing.
Totino's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink