Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 03:00 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,678,616 times

Advertisements

The worst pizza I ever ate was in Belgium. I made the mistake of ordering a "four seasons", and spring was a raw egg cracked over a quarter of the pizza, but the pizza was undercooked and too cold to cook the egg. It was disgusting.

The worst pizza I ever ate in the US was at Godfathers. I will never go back to that chain. I don't know how you make a pizza with no flavor, but they managed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 04:32 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
The worst pizza I ever ate was in Belgium. I made the mistake of ordering a "four seasons", and spring was a raw egg cracked over a quarter of the pizza, but the pizza was undercooked and too cold to cook the egg. It was disgusting.

The worst pizza I ever ate in the US was at Godfathers. I will never go back to that chain. I don't know how you make a pizza with no flavor, but they managed it.
Unfortunately, the pizza you had is typical of Belgium. Word to the wise -- don't order pizza in Belgium.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:44 AM

830 posts, read 1,666,186 times
I really want to be one of those who says "no such thing!" But a few places unnecesarily mess with my favorite dinner. Two of note:

Last summer I went to an "upscale casual" restaurant in Lexington, Kentucky that, I suppose, wanted to join in the common appeal of pizza but wanted to be classy about it... Heh anyway it included steak and spinach pizzas and other odd combos.

Walmart deli pizza. I tried to like it, I really did. If my husband won't eat it, then you know it's bad because he's the biggest pizza fan ever.

Old 03-20-2016, 05:17 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
You've never eaten at Pizza Hut then.
Pizza Hut used to be really good, but started to go south about 10 years ago. I agree.
The last time we got Papa Johns it was pretty bad as well. I can think of a lot them that are nothing special. We prefer either ones you buy and bring home to finish baking or some like Sam's that are ready to heat. Sometimes we add our own special fixins. Of course, depending on where you live, there are usually independent pizza places that are yummy. We have one here.

Old 03-20-2016, 05:22 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
I think all can have expired ingredients. But generally, I think the mom and pop places have more potential to have issues. The chains have district managers and processes in place in an effort to combat expired food and other problems. The mom and pops can lack checks since they run themselves. I think of that Gordon Ramsey show where he goes into the mom and pop places and is just horrified most of the time.
Sorry I can't agree with you on this. I think expired ingredients can be found whenever we eat out and not all are going to hurt any of us. I prefer a good mom and pop place whatever I am eating. I guess we all have our own ideas about food. It is so subjective and that is what makes this forum so much fun.

Old 03-20-2016, 05:24 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,050,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Pizza Hut used to be really good, but started to go south about 10 years ago. I agree.
The last time we got Papa Johns it was pretty bad as well. I can think of a lot them that are nothing special. We prefer either ones you buy and bring home to finish baking or some like Sam's that are ready to heat. Sometimes we add our own special fixins. Of course, depending on where you live, there are usually independent pizza places that are yummy. We have one here.
Same here, no longer will I waste my money on pizza from Pizza Hut.

Old 03-20-2016, 05:46 AM

3,497 posts, read 2,661,274 times
I found that after age 50 all pizza is bad pizza, non tastes good even the expensive is salty or acidity.

Old 03-20-2016, 05:59 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,836,106 times
Yes. Usually only the M&P type places are really good. The remainder just suck in comparison and some like Little Caesar's are always awful. Even frozen is better than LCs.

Old 03-20-2016, 06:11 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,922,180 times
Can't say I have ever had a bad pizza. My range goes from gourmet restaurants to 3 A.M. 7 Eleven pizza.

Old 03-20-2016, 06:36 AM

569 posts, read 552,168 times
KittenSparkles

I can't believe your lunch in the photo. By looking at it, I felt depressed.

You better off bring your own icy cold British sandwiches for lunch. O jeez.

Last edited by CPPU12345; 03-20-2016 at 06:42 AM.. Reason: grammar editing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink