Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 03:10 PM

4,670 posts, read 5,056,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
...fill their cups completely full of ice?
Is it so difficult to understand that ice takes up space, and that space (volume) is no longer available to fill with soda?
Not to mention the fact that ice melts, diluting the soda!
The soda coming out of the dispenser is cold, so actually ice isn't really needed anyway, unless, of course, you feel it will take you a very long time to finish your drink.
When I buy soda, whether at a self serve fountain or otherwise, I don't want any ice. I am spending $1 or more for that cup of soda, and I want full value.
I find it ridiculous that somebody sued Starbucks because they felt their latte was an ounce or so short, yet they will fill their cup with ice and get 1/4 the soda they paid for!
Yeah I agree. Ice is a waste of space. The drink comes out cold. If it gets a bit warm it isn't a big deal. Ice not only wastes space, but it waters down the beverage.

Old 03-23-2016, 03:30 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,665,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post
Because I ALWAYS have a ton of ice in sodas and iced tea. Why would you even care?
Only took til post #5 for the City Data default answer.

Old 03-23-2016, 03:35 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,249,236 times
Really, though...is this even a necessary question? Is it some big mystery? "Why do people pour themselves ice-heavy drinks?? Do they not UNDERSTAND that they're paying more per oz. by doing so??"

Well, logic would dictate that people go heavy on the ice because they prefer ice. So much, in fact, that they will throw all caution to the wind and crazily opt for less soda in order to get more ice. MADNESS, right?

Old 03-23-2016, 03:43 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,665,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Really, though...is this even a necessary question? Is it some big mystery? "Why do people pour themselves ice-heavy drinks?? Do they not UNDERSTAND that they're paying more per oz. by doing so??"

Well, logic would dictate that people go heavy on the ice because they prefer ice. So much, in fact, that they will throw all caution to the wind and crazily opt for less soda in order to get more ice. MADNESS, right?
True but the same can be sad for 90% of the questions people ask around here. Folks are by nature inquisitive, judgmental, and illogical. To the OP's question I dont understand why someone would want that much ice. Sure it is absolutely their personal choice but it is an illogical choice because generally speaking no one would want something watered down. Because of this people will question it.

Old 03-23-2016, 05:00 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,186,268 times
Quote:
How is positing how many calories you personally feel are best for others to choose to consume any less asinine than telling people they shouldn't, in your opinion, be spending their money on ice?

Personal choice, yo.
I would say it is even more asinine to post a comment that claims one thing but says something else. For example your comment states my comment was asinine because I am telling others how many calories to consume when in reality I am stating why I personally choose not to drink soda. That would be my choice to stop drinking soda because of looking into the amount of calories that I had been consuming. No where in my post does it say others have to follow my advice.

Feel free to consume as many or as little as you like.

Old 03-23-2016, 05:15 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,887,466 times
Quote:
You mean you let someone displace your beer with ice? What a waste of money.
What waste? One can of beer, one large drink container. Pour beer into container, add ice. Same amount of beer, but now it is cold. Oh, yes, it is diluted. But then, some of the beer that we got in 'Nam was so bad that diluting it was no big thing. Some was so bad that the best thing to do was put it in the freezer for a while, then drink the liquid that didn't freeze, and throw the rest away.
We did not WASTE much there!

Old 03-23-2016, 07:36 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,210,867 times
I like a lot of ice if I'm eating inside and get refills. Otherwise i don't want as much ice.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:49 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,749,804 times
I will watch for you on the news after you've grabbed someone's Big Gulp out of their mitts and dumped the ice out, yelling, "You're not getting full value, you moron!" It's going to come to that point, you know.
Just like Mommie Dearest had issues with wire hangers, not using ice at the self-service soda fountain can be your anger provoking cause.

Old 03-23-2016, 08:41 PM

6,186 posts, read 3,551,802 times
My only guess is people just came from outside and it's really hot out. If you get free refills then you don't lose any money by filling your cup with ice the first time. I personally fill half way and then shake the cup to speed up the "coldening" of the liquid. A whole cup of ice is too much but half is enough to make it nice and frosty. Cold soda is way more satisfying than room temperature or cool soda.

Old 03-23-2016, 08:58 PM

27 posts, read 32,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsteel View Post
There are six pages on this topic?
Was there a poll? Haha
I almost always order "coke or tea with no ice"
And at a self serve never get ice..
Both for the dilution and taking up space in my cup
I think People are right though,some places are
Annoyed you want more of the drink and less of their water
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink