U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 07:01 AM

4,730 posts, read 17,500,957 times

Advertisements

I'm sensitive to MSG but can handle small amounts (like what occurs naturally in yeast extract). My fiance is allergic to cranberries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 12:41 PM

2,970 posts, read 6,152,314 times
Well, I don't know if I am "allergic" per se, but the two time in my life I have eaten baby corn I have vomited, so I do not eat those suckers!

Old 02-23-2008, 03:58 PM

4,597 posts, read 10,230,213 times
Husband has a true allergy to corn.

As we've gotten older, we both have problems with cooked bell peppers. I have always gotten headaches from MSG. When we lived on the coast, I was afraid I was developing an allergy to shellfish, and shrimp, but have since moved away, and I guess because I eat less of it, I can tolerate it again. The acid from eating too many fresh tomatoes will break the inside of my mouth out.

I wish I were allergic to just food, in general. I'd even settle for an allergy to chocolate and/or ice cream.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:19 AM

2,141 posts, read 7,038,656 times
None, thank Goodness.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:02 PM

9,483 posts, read 10,721,824 times
My dad has been getting sick for a while, and breaking out in rashes, too. He swore the rashes were from detergent, and made my mom try every one out there. After going to the doctor a million times, and trying a hundred different creams, they did an allergy test. Turned out he was allergic to pork, chicken, tomato, potato, celery and a few other foods. The getting sick was a part of the reaction, but since they did not know that, everytime he felt sick my mom made him homemade chicken soup! LOL

Old 02-24-2008, 08:22 PM

336 posts, read 1,362,492 times
People who are allergic to a long list of foods freak me out a little. Some of it starts to border on eating disorder.

Old 02-25-2008, 12:40 PM

2,639 posts, read 5,931,089 times
Quorn. It's no real problem for me because I find the stuff disgusting anyway but if I ever eat it my stomach won't let me forget for about a week!

Old 02-26-2008, 02:35 PM

934 posts, read 933,088 times
I'm allergic to my most favoritest thing in the whole wide world...

SHELLFISH

HAppened just about a year ago. Started to go into anaphalxis (cant spell, sorry) and recognized the symptoms (big medical family!).

POpped about 8 benadryl pills and told hubby I had 5 minutes and if my airways didn't start clearing up we were going to the hospital- and FAST.

it worked- went to allergist- got a stash of epi pens.

Man, how I miss my shrimpies. and crabs. and scallops. and lobster......

Old 02-28-2008, 10:51 PM

452 posts, read 2,090,951 times
Onions, especially white onions. If I eat too many I get a migraine headache every single time. Especially from sharp, raw onions, such as having chopped onions on a hot dog or sliced onto a burger.

Sweet onions and cooked onions don't seem to bother me as bad but I still get a headache if I eat more than a few onion rings or one of those blooming onion appetizers. I stinks because I like onions...I love beer-battered onion rings.

Also MSG triggers migraines for me. I get bad migraines from artifical sweeteners too. Especially Nutrasweet/Aspartame but Splenda can do it too. Nutrasweet triggers a migraine every single time, I have to avoid it at all cost. I went on a low carb diet one time and the only diet soda I could drink was diet Orange Sunkist.

Last edited by BlueLily7; 02-28-2008 at 10:53 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-28-2008, 10:56 PM

452 posts, read 2,090,951 times
I have a friend who claims to be allergic to salad- she can eat tomato slices, or have lettuce on her burger, or salad type things on her sandwiches but she says if she eats *A* salad, meaning, the lettuce with all the raw veggies and stuff you'd eat on a salad, it makes her sick on her stomach. Doesn't make sense to me, if she can eat it as a sandwich it seems the same to eat it as a salad but whatever!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or