U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2009, 12:15 PM

183,825 posts, read 74,960,655 times

Advertisements

Spicy hot pork skins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 01:14 PM

3,129 posts, read 2,501,849 times
A BIG shot of Redi Whip in my mouth!!!

Old 04-06-2009, 01:40 PM

4,538 posts, read 7,979,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
A BIG shot of Redi Whip in my mouth!!!
HA HA Did you ever push the nozzle a little too hard and momentarily look like Dizzy Gillespie?

Old 04-06-2009, 03:06 PM

21,134 posts, read 22,102,729 times
That's one reason I RARELY buy Redi-whip....never too sure whose mouth in my family has been the latest recipient (I know everyone in my family well enough to know that no one can resist a Redi-shot!)

Old 04-06-2009, 05:12 PM

21,338 posts, read 7,354,396 times
I'm in trouble now... ya'll will know my many weaknesses!!! lol

Hot wings from under my broiler with Frank's Red Hot Sauce and homemade bleu cheese dressing with carrots and celery...

A pie plate with 8 oz. cream cheese spread out on it, a can of Hormel Chunky Chili with Beans, a covering of sliced jalapeno's from a jar (I like the Vlasic's -nice heat!), and then a covering of shredded cheese... either cheddar and monterey or those bagged blends of Taco or Mexican cheeses... nuked til soft and scooped up with tortilla chips... omg....

Dunkin Hine's dark chocolate fudge brownies

homemade hummus and pita bread slices

A BIG salad of mixed lettuces, celery, red pepper, carrots, scallions, cucumbers, red or green apple, and dried cranberries... topped with goat cheese and a vinagrette dressing...

Pitted dates stuffed with goat cheese

My famous cold hot dog sandwiches lol

Entenmann's Chocolate Fudge Cake

Entenmann's Pound Cake

Homemade Watermelon Salsa

Cucumber Salad (Essentially similar to 3 bean salad - but with cukes, onions, celery, and red pepper)

Three bean salad lol

(Who said there were no salads on this thread???) lol

Pepperdews

Good olives from the deli - a favorite is the colossal italian olives, pitted and cured with evoo and red pepper flakes

Brie with seedless preserves Blackberry or Apricot, slathered on top and sprinkled with slivered almonds, then nuked til just soft... with a good baguette

Howard Johnson's or Stouffer's mac and cheese

Tomato sliced with Miracle Whip on the side

Mike and Ike's, Starbursts, Good n' Plenty, Milky Way Darks, are all staples with me

I am going to have to sample a chip with some mayo... that sounds disgusting, but it's just quirky enough that it might work for me! lol

Fun thread!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-06-2009, 05:33 PM

4,538 posts, read 7,979,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
... A pie plate with 8 oz. cream cheese spread out on it, a can of Hormel Chunky Chili with Beans, a covering of sliced jalapeno's from a jar (I like the Vlasic's -nice heat!), and then a covering of shredded cheese... either cheddar and monterey or those bagged blends of Taco or Mexican cheeses... nuked til soft and scooped up with tortilla chips... omg....
One of the best uses for a pie plate I've ever heard

Quote:
... My famous cold hot dog sandwiches lol ...
Please share I love all things hot dog

Old 04-06-2009, 06:35 PM

10,118 posts, read 16,713,055 times
When DH first knew me, he was quite repelled by my hot dog sandwiches.

Broil hot dogs in toaster oven, they should split. Cut them the rest of the way lengthwise, and eat on lightly toasted bread with ketchup and mustard.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:39 PM

22,695 posts, read 21,741,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
That's one reason I RARELY buy Redi-whip....never too sure whose mouth in my family has been the latest recipient (I know everyone in my family well enough to know that no one can resist a Redi-shot!)
I love things squeezed out of the can: RediWip, Cheeze Whiz. I also eat spoons full of sour cream.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:40 PM

21,338 posts, read 7,354,396 times
QuietWalker... my famous hotdog sammich recipe goes like this:

For ONE sammich:

Boil two hotdogs (I generally use Oscar Mayer's all beef or Nathan's beef)
Slit the dogs in half the long way after they've boiled to your liking.

Allow to cool thoroughly. You can cut after you cool them... and I prefer them when cooled over night... in other words, when you eat hotdogs one day, automatically plan to boil enough for this recipe.

Next, take two slices of white bread (not as soft as Wonder bread - I often use the Arnold's brand of Country White) and slather each side with Miracle Whip. Has to be MW for me or the taste isn't the same. Top one side with the hotdogs.

Slice cucumber to fit the sammich.

Slap the other side of white bread on it.

Cut in half and devour!!!

My mom used to make these for my dad and I, so it's been in existence for over 50 years! ha!! Dad preferred his with sliced tomatoes, but I like the cuke version.

TOTAL comfort food for me!!

If you try it, let me know what you think.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:26 PM

8 posts, read 34,443 times
mac and cheese mixed with tuna fish - strange but like a tuna noodle casserole. yum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink