U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 05:34 PM

20,071 posts, read 13,747,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by collected_eve View Post
Yesterday was a horrible day.
My drive home from work was painful, not only bc of how my day had played out, but bc I was hungry.

Got home, walked in, headed straight to the pantry to grab a bag of rippled potato chips & the jar of mayo from the fridge.
OK, I KNOW this sounds gross to some of you, but the point here is it was my therapy for the moment. The one thing that felt great, tasted great & was total comfort. Of course, I only did this bc I was hungry, in mental agony & totally alone.
I pigged out for a few minutes & felt better. I reminded myself of the girl in her lingerie on a Friday night, scarfing down icecream (with a fork) straight out of the tub, after breaking up with her boyfriend & regretting it.

C'mon girls & well, guys too. What are your total therapy/comfort foods that you'd rather not admit?
Enormous amounts of chips and dip. I usually will down a half bag of chips with a whole thing of dip in one sitting.
And no, I'm not overweight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 05:35 PM

3,290 posts, read 2,180,354 times
Okay, I'll confess: those horrid little cans of Libby's potted meat! I snarf a few saltine crackers spread with the goop behind my family's back.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:14 AM

3,225 posts, read 6,123,192 times
-A casserole dish filled with sliced potatoes and a homemade cheese sauce (any kind of cheese will do, any). I will have the entire dish polished off within 8 hours. This is my favorite fall/winter comfort meal.

-An entire loaf of fresh bread with lots of cold, salty butter.

-Fresh dumplings, spaetzle, or wide egg noodles-again, with lots of butter. Sometimes fresh parmesan cheese also.

(I usually have to up my cardio routine come winter!)

Old 08-25-2011, 06:43 AM

5,321 posts, read 7,658,806 times
I mix up a batch of chocolate chip cookie dough, and eat quite a bit of it raw while I bake the cookies. Sometimes I have even mixed up the dough and ate so much of it raw that I lost interest in baking the cookies. Then I wrap the remaining dough up and put it in the refrigeratorfor another day.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Enormous amounts of chips and dip. I usually will down a half bag of chips with a whole thing of dip in one sitting.
I'm with you on this one and I'm not overweight either - but if I have a carton of Philly' chive n' cheese dip and I'm anywhere in the vicinity of a bag of Lays plain chips ....before I know it, half the bag is empty and most of the dip is gone. There's something about those smooth yellow chips, they were made to be crunched down loaded with some kind of dip!

Old 08-25-2011, 10:55 AM

3,321 posts, read 3,563,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
I am, so I can't even keep chips OR dip in my house.
Remember the old commercials? "No one can eat just one."? Yup. that's me. Can NOT resist chips.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
Those tamales out of a can, a heavy dose of sharp grated cheese melted on top of them in the microwave, then a generous dousing of Texas Pete hot sauce on top. I won't let my kids see me eating these because I don't want them to pick up my horrible eating habits.
Shhhhhh....I almost forgot about those - I eat those tamales out of a can when my family is out of the house on the weekend. I don't think they have any idea I eat that stuff.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:42 PM

34,531 posts, read 42,708,506 times
OP, I think potato chips and mayo sounds good.
Anything involving potato chips is my guilty pleasure. I love a tub of dip too...doesn't really matter what kind.
I like yellow cheese, Miracle Whip and Wonderbread sandwiches too.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:51 AM

16,222 posts, read 25,416,434 times
I must have no shame. I don't have any "when no one is around" treats. I eat my disgusting concoctions or gross amounts of food in front of anyone who's around.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:50 AM

4,470 posts, read 6,613,838 times
Well; I walked into the living room to see the Mrs. sitting there watching the tube and "eating some left over green baby lima's" cold out of the container. I in shock..not like her...then she had some Browie mix in the pan....OMG what next...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink