U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 10:56 AM

5,337 posts, read 7,697,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
I must have no shame. I don't have any "when no one is around" treats. I eat my disgusting concoctions or gross amounts of food in front of anyone who's around.
Well, I do try not to eat some things in front of my kids. We generally eat a very healthy diet, I don't want and my occasionally lapses to rub off on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 11:02 AM

6,474 posts, read 13,457,340 times
Mangoes - I ate these from trees as a child and only when I am alone do I eat them the same way...with my hands over the sink. I end up with mango juice all over my face, and then I have to pick the mango hairs out of my teeth. Sometimes I eat them like this in the backyard.

Popcorn - It is only embarrassing to eat it before others because I am a HOG esp for organic cheesy corn. I'm on a diet now, so my servings of popcorn are human-size, but normally I just pile it into my mouth and crunch crunch crunch.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:16 PM

4,037 posts, read 8,875,643 times
There are some things I won't even buy, because I cannot control myself when they are in the house. One is Oreo's, especially the chocolate filled ones. No self control here at all.

Another thing is the tubs of Philadelphia cream cheese cheese cake filling. I've bought it twice thinking it would be a nice quick dessert for the family. Just dump it in a graham cracker crust, right. No, both times, it never made it to the crust. I would eat it by the heaping spoonful when no one was around.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:29 PM

6,474 posts, read 13,457,340 times
I just remembered another one...sweetened condensed milk. There's even Organic sweetened condensed milk! I can't have it in the house. I can suck it right out of the can. BTW the chocolate flavored Newman's Own alphabet cookies are awesome! They're like Oreos without the "cream."

Old 08-26-2011, 09:09 PM

237 posts, read 178,100 times
Pretzels dipped in blue cheese dressing
Baked Lays with bbq/cream cheese dip
Whole avocado rough chopped & mixed with a huge glug of salsa & squirt of lime juice (no chips or anything just a huge bowl of avocado & salsa eaten with a spoon).

and my ultimate comfort food which is passed onto my kids- my 18yo just had it the other day after her root canal- Lipton's noodle soup with real chicken broth over 3 pieces of mushy soft white bread torn into a bowl.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:13 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,569,915 times
Gasp, I had a can of...Chili today....OMG...that is against the entire "Eat Clean Diet" premise...and it was really yummy.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:57 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,217,315 times
ruffles and sour cream and onion dip...
frito pie--fritos, chili, cheese...

Old 08-29-2011, 02:28 PM

5,337 posts, read 7,697,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
I just remembered another one...sweetened condensed milk. There's even Organic sweetened condensed milk! I can't have it in the house. I can suck it right out of the can. BTW the chocolate flavored Newman's Own alphabet cookies are awesome! They're like Oreos without the "cream."

We used to boil a can of sweetened condensed milk in the can, in a pot full of water with a tight-fitting lid for 2 hours then let it cool slightly. It made the best tasting caramel ever! We would spread on graham crackers or eat right out of the can!

Old 08-29-2011, 09:23 PM

539 posts, read 545,790 times
Twinkies. It's my weak point; after a stressful day at work I have to force myself not stop off and buy them. Or any of the variety of Evil Hostess Products.

Rootbeer float, except instead of ice cream I'd put in caramel sundae sauce and Cool Whip.

Noodles cooked in chicken broth, but with the little ABC noodles, which I haven't seen in years.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:41 PM

18,722 posts, read 4,725,467 times
Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia, just a spoonful or two at a time.
Eggos blueberry waffles, quick in & out of the toaster, add butter & syrup...mmmmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink