Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 06:58 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

My son ate hamburger from in/Out burger last week and was home two days with GI upset--
He should have reported to public health dept but doubt he did--
I won't eat fast-food hamburgers because of possibilities like that--
If we want hamburger we go to local place where we have eaten for years w/o any issues
If we are at fast food like Sonic I get grilled cheese

Long time ago were in San Diego for convention--went to dinner with larger group of friends and I ordered chocolate mousse for dessert--the waiter said they had no more...
someone in group who considered himself "masterful with wait staff" got the guy to bring out the last one--thought he was doing me a favor...
Made me sick as a dog and we had to fly back the next day....guess it had been sitting out and turned...NEVER eat the last of anything from a restaurant kitchen...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 08:24 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,956,707 times
Curry chicken with rice (a frozen food that you microwave). This was a few months ago. My symptoms were a concoction of mild to moderate nausea and indigestion. Nothing too severe. I was fine the next morning, though still a bit sensitive.

It could've been a psychological reaction, since I am afraid of vomiting (not to mention, I was rather apprehensive before eating that curry and at that time, my fear of vomiting had peaked). Again, my symptoms were not severe. Could've been an anxious reaction due to my phobia (after all, the stomach is the "second brain"). But I don't know, I really did feel physically uneasy. I do have GERD and IBS, btw. Maybe they also played a role.

P.S. Most of the time when you get sick, it isn't always because of the food that you last ate. You could have probably gotten a virus from touching doorknobs, other people with stomach illnesses, etc. So all you people in here, maybe it wasn't the food that gotten you sick, but what you touched during the day (and didn't wash your hands) and who you had contact with (people with stomach viruses). So, keep that in mind.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:12 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I am amazed that people don't puke over cold cuts. It is the most disgusting food the way people handle it. Cold cuts unless you slice them yourself goes through a machine that is not sanitized throughout the day and it goes through and cuts all types of meats and cheeses that could be laced with bacteria and germs. The only reason you don't get sick or die from it is the meats are full of preservatives that kill all types of bacteria good and bad.

The end result is a weakening of the immune system and likely the reason so many people take antibiotics for just simple cold and small infections.

Now why did you have to tell us this?

Old 05-03-2016, 01:31 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Half slice of pizza 15 years ago. Haven't had pizza since.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:42 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,888,406 times
My daughter had ER/lab confirmed salmonella once, so I'm familiar with it. I've never seen anyone so sick in my life. She was one of those girls who are prissy little "princesses" at that age, (3rd grade) and she was so sick she had diarrhea IN her bed and didn't care. It was from a Sunday brunch at a restaurant.
As per myself, the only time I've EVER gotten sick from eating something was from beef nachos at a bar late in the evening. We'd had a late lunch, so never ate dinner, so of course nachos seemed like a good idea at 11pm. I should have figured out it was a bad idea when the meat wasn't even warm anymore.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:24 PM

137 posts, read 254,992 times
So far, no illness due to food poisoning or alike. knock on wood.
Last time I had a case though, I'd attribute it to bad combination.

Frozen pizza, which I have on occasion and ice cream, which I also have on occasion.
But never until then did I have them together in one sitting.

Never again.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:35 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times
I try all types of strange foods, regional and ethnic. Sometimes I'll eat a strange dish that tastes so shocking that I'm not sure if it's spoiled or it's supposed to taste that way. I've had many an upset stomach from my food journeys.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:57 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,220,586 times
I have relatively high blood pressure (135/85), and read up on the value of beet juice in lowering BP. We juiced up two beets with some carrots and apples. I drank that sucker down in a couple of hours. About an hour after I finished I puked that whole thing up. I looked like a really sick vampire. It turns out that raw beets are pretty powerful medicine.

Beets are good....in moderation.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:06 PM

93 posts, read 130,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig11152 View Post
Out of curiosity how did you trace the culprit?
It was the only thing I had eaten that day, so I figured it couldn't have been anything else.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:08 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,462,935 times
Raw fish from a cheap Sushi asian buffet, I had a stomach ache / cramp within 15 minutes of leaving the restaurant.

after about two or three hours it passed, and I didnt get worse or any more feelings of illness.

the raw fish they use at those cheapo asian seafood sushi places is sub-standard in quality, it's just some cheap frozen fish they use.

a real sushi place doesnt use that garbage or sub standard quaility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink