U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2016, 05:25 PM

13,388 posts, read 21,946,715 times

Advertisements

Based on another poster's mentioning this Nespresso machine in the Keurig thread, I did a bit of investigating and finally bit the bullet and ordered the machine plus the Aerocchino milk frother. I found a g-r-e-a-t deal $$$ and have been in caffè crema heaven ever since!

After my second Keurig acted up on me I decided my next machine was going to be able to make a proper espresso. I didn't want to invest $1000 in a true espresso machine, so this Vertuoline was the next best thing.

I now have everything I need to make any type of coffeehouse coffee in seconds in the comfort of my own home. With the milk frother the possibilities are limitless - it has attachments for both chilled and heated dairy.

Customer service is red carpet level, 24/7, and domestic. This has been a delight so far - I'm attaching photos of my first espresso before and after a dose of cream.

Who wants a taste?
Attached Thumbnails
Nespresso Vertuoline - replaced my second Keurig last week-image.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 05:26 PM

Default Second photo

Don't know why it dropped from last post.
Attached Thumbnails
Nespresso Vertuoline - replaced my second Keurig last week-image.jpeg  

Old 06-08-2016, 05:43 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
29,793 posts, read 54,455,776 times
I had the same amazing results with our Nespresso, and had never been impressed with samples of the Keurig, plus it doesn't do espresso. The only negative is the cost, at $1.10/cup for coffee, $.85 for espresso, but well worth it to me, and still a lot cheaper than going to Starbucks or some other shop. That frother is incredible, the foam lasts so long.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:41 PM

I found a number of work-arounds if one chooses to attempt to re-fill spent capsules. There are actually vendors on Amazon who market kits with round gummed foils and coffee compactors but it seems like a lot of fuss for a little bit of savings and based on the reviews the results seem hit or miss.

Thanks for the tip off by the way, I haven't been this happy with a purchase in quite a while. I'm also enrolled in their recycling program and have been gathering my spent capsules.

Have you used the descaler Nespresso suggests using?

Old 06-08-2016, 10:50 PM

5,655 posts, read 5,701,517 times
Nespresso machines have come a long way. They are much closer to replicating a cafe-quality drink than Keurigs are to replicating airpot coffee that's been sitting for two hours.

Keurigs are fine if you like flavored coffee and that's about it.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
Nespresso machines have come a long way. They are much closer to replicating a cafe-quality drink than Keurigs are to replicating airpot coffee that's been sitting for two hours.

Keurigs are fine if you like flavored coffee and that's about it.
And that's just it - I don't even care for flavored coffees, or flavored creamers either for that matter. I was brewing french roast coffee for the most part in my Keurig.

An additional plus with this machine is its simplicity - easy to detach and refill the water chamber, one button does everything, and the spent capsules I only need to dump about once a week.

My parents have the Keurig and I donated all my reserve k-cup drink cartridges. They hit the lotto, because I always had a wide array of beverages for my guests - hot chocolates, teas, apple cider, and a variety of different coffee blends.

I haven't decided yet which variety of the Vertuoline I like best, but the Diavolitto prepared as a cappuccino was pretty darn fantastic.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:39 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
29,793 posts, read 54,455,776 times
I find that despite using cream and sugar at restaurants for breakfast or the free in-room coffee at hotels, with the Nespresso I drink it with nothing added, it just has so much flavor. I have a bag of capsules to recycle getting full now. We take them to the Nespresso Boutique at Macy's in Bellevue WA, and buy more sleeves at the same time. Apparently only here, San Francisco and LA have them. I like one of the new breakfast blends, Giornio and also Melozio, but for espresso
I prefer the Altissio. I have not done any descaling yet, but have only had it 6 months, and we have soft water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink