U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 07:04 AM

14,879 posts, read 26,470,923 times

Advertisements

Thought I would start a thread on the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. This thing is phenomenal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 12:52 AM

33,147 posts, read 51,068,101 times
I dont know much about those, I have a regular pressure cooker, and I love mine. Those seem to be lots more sophisticated, a multi function pots.
You can cook many different things in it.
Great buy!

Old 06-28-2016, 07:11 AM

14,879 posts, read 26,470,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I dont know much about those, I have a regular pressure cooker, and I love mine. Those seem to be lots more sophisticated, a multi function pots.
You can cook many different things in it.
Great buy!
My mom always used a pressure cooker on the stove when I was growing up but I was always scared of those. I've been considering buying one of the Instant Pots for a while but couldn't decide which one. There was an Amazon deal of the day that knocked $60 off of the regular price so I couldn't resist! There is a great Facebook site that has helped tremendously. This isn't my preferred way of cooking but for busy nights or for certain purposes it is great!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/InstantPotCommunity/

Old 06-28-2016, 09:22 AM

33,147 posts, read 51,068,101 times
The regular pressure cookers improved a lot, and have several safety features. They are not scary anymore.
They cut the cooking time in half (or more), and yes - they are awesome. I was watching a commercial with the instant cooker, and I was a amazed.
Great deal on Amazon, Beretta!!! Hope to hear more about what did you cook in it.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:59 AM

7,481 posts, read 5,149,048 times
Yeah my wife got me a Power Pressure Cooker XL last month (very similar). I wasn't intending to use it much, as I used to think they were borderline useless, but went ahead and used it anyway to make her happy. I've been cooking in it non-stop ever since.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:10 PM

153 posts, read 143,243 times
Bought an Instant Pot a few months ago. I've only used it a handful (or so) times so far. Jury's still out on this. It's great with certain dishes (like Beef Stroganoff , Mushroom Roast Beef and for cooking pasta), but my Kalua Pork ( ).

Last edited by BloggerAnna; 06-28-2016 at 03:19 PM..

Old 08-23-2016, 11:40 AM

1,297 posts, read 3,051,821 times
I'm considering buying one - my nieces Mother in law has one and bought them one and they all love it. How easy is it to convert recipes? I've never used a pressure cooker.

I'm a single person and I'm sick of cooking the same boring things because they're quick. If I could make stroganoff or roasts quicker I know I'd eat better. please give me suggestions - opinions and recipes!!

Old 08-24-2016, 10:01 PM

9,610 posts, read 5,139,344 times
I don't have an Instant Pot Pressure Cooker, but I did buy a new, electric pressure cooker early in the year. Love it! I haven't been getting much use out of it lately, though.

As for ease of converting recipes, my cooker comes with a pretty good guide that lists cook times/liquid measurement requirements, etc. For some customer recipes, it'll be trial and error process, but that's not the worse thing in the world.

Old 08-25-2016, 07:43 AM

1,525 posts, read 3,333,691 times
It is worth it to me in the yogurt function alone. I use it to make regular yogurt, Greek yogurt, skyr, ricotta, and paneer/farmer's cheese.

I use the pressure cooker mainly to cook baked potatoes or black beans from dry.

If you decide to go the yogurt route, buy a separate sealing ring for it. Problem with the rings is that they absorb odors like no one's business, particularly onion and garlic, and then will put that right back into whatever you are making. For most food that is savory, this is not really an issue at all. A lot of people may not even notice at all. However, try to make something neutral like yogurt...yeah, I have had onion flavored yogurt. Good news is the rings are cheap and switching them out as needed solves the problem. I have found no method, and believe me, I tried, of getting the food odor out of a sealing ring. It is amazing what they can stand up to and still smell like vampire repellent. Just suck it up and buy a separate one for yogurt only.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:42 AM

2,742 posts, read 1,841,168 times
Default Anyone use an Instapot?

I already have almost every conceivable kitchen appliance. I don't do a lot of slow cooking plus the one I have is quite old. My pressure cooker does not work anymore (the gasket wore out). So is it worth the price? What about the other functions this offers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or