Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2016, 06:19 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,401,050 times

Advertisements

My favorites are popcorn and cheese curls. Bearitos makes an organic cheese popcorn that I used to buy by the case. Can't find it now. Fab fab snack. At the WholePaycheck a couple of weeks ago, there was a shipment of organic Bearitos corn puffs. Veggie powder flavor and cheese flavor. I bought 4 bags of the veggie flavor and scarfed them (not all at once). They were good.

There was an entire wall of these snacks, and they sold out in two weeks. They tasted like cheese curls, but not chemical-ey. I also like nuts. Almonds, macadamia nuts, pistachios etc. I guess we are rich and lucky that we can get these in bags and not have to climb trees for them and shell them etc.

Ooh the poster above me reminded me that I also love CHESSMEN. These are so good. I'm sure they are not health food, but they don't have as many calories as I'd have imagined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 07:06 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,544,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
Pepperidge farm coconut layer cake,,,

food of the gods

that's one of my daily bucket list foods

I will eat that and a rib eye steak every day if I'm told I'm on limited time

I only eat this cake on my birthday ..

I should eat it more often,,,but ill eat the whole thing
Ok, next week is my birthday- I am going to get one of these cakes!!

Old 08-03-2016, 07:41 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,457,052 times
Apart from the very occasional pizza, none, ever. Uh... does ice cream count? If it does I'm guilty as hell.

BTW, just started reading the F&D forum recently and it's really very witty and has some great threads -- really enjoying reading it.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:10 PM

32,933 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I don't have a sweet tooth, but I do have portion control issues with crackers of all kinds and chips.

I don't keep them in the house for this reason.
Isn't portion control using both hands?

Old 08-03-2016, 08:20 PM

32,933 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Not the same thing but I used to have an obsession with a pecan Danish ring from Entennmens. I would pick off all of the nuts on top and underneath the cake LOL. My dad would yell at me "where did all the pecan's go?"
I used to do the same thing!

Old 08-03-2016, 08:35 PM

115 posts, read 98,646 times
Forgot to add.. Peppermint patties.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:38 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,347,049 times
Mexican Coke, which I am really trying to limit. What I don't keep in the house is crunchy Cheetos, because I can eat the whole bag in one sitting. No one is permitted to bring them into the house--I have no self-control.

Old 08-04-2016, 12:03 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,048,399 times
Chili Cheese Fritos
Dry Roasted Peanuts
Little Debbie Cakes (I can eat an entire box in one day)
Hostess Pies (lemon and chocolate)
Pringles
Lays Plain Chips (I am possessed when I eat these....I can't put the bag down)
Mounds Candy Bars
Lipton Ice Tea in the can
Arizona Ice Tea

Old 08-04-2016, 12:05 AM

238 posts, read 227,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Well, good for you - but it's off topic. We're talking about junk or processed food here.

Mine are:
SweeTarts
Cheetos
Cheese crackers
Palmer's chocolate (they make those cheap hollow seasonal novelties like Santa Claus, Easter eggs and Easter Bunnies)
Gummi bears
Nutella
Condensed milk straight from the tin
Chocolate chips straight from the bag
Chocolate covered graham crackers
Wheat Thins
Corn Nuts

I'm embarassed to admit that I even like some of this stuff!
Fun thread, and I only read up to here, but wanted to ask while I was thinking about it so if it is a repeat, please forgive me and carry on.

I have been told that you can put the can in the slow cooker and let it boil/simmer for hours with lots of water and it makes the BEST caramel ever, but haven't tried it myself. Apparently lots of people just eat it with a spoon - or if they are feeling extra fancy pour it in some type of pie crust. Is this what you mean, or do you just eat it raw so to speak? Inquiring minds want to know.

Back on topic, for me it is as one poster said those no nutrition horrible for your teeth Red Vines if I want sweet (my dogs are also addicted so I do limit us to 1 tub every other month, or maybe creamsicles, or for salty/cruncy an unhealthy amount of sea salted cashews. Or pistachios. Like probably 20 or 30 normal people sized servings and I am a tiny (under 100#) little thing.
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

Old 08-04-2016, 10:43 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,459,686 times
Hostess Cupcakes - Eat the cake first, the filling second, the chocolate covering (frosting) third and leave the squiggle for last.

Hostess Susy Q's - Absolutely Awesome - If I would have known back in the day that 1 had "only" 250 calories, I would have eaten a lot more. (However if I opened a pack I would have had to eat both probably). Susy Q's are discontinued or at least I haven't seen them in our area.

Double Stuff Oreos - Unscrew the lids and stick each lid with the filling together to get Quadruple Stuff Oreos. Eat the leftover lids first as a warm up and save the Quadruple Oreo ....for last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink