U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 09:52 AM

444 posts, read 182,971 times

Advertisements

Lately? Nothing.

Water, water, water. Can get hard to maintain after awhile, so.. Slightly revised: Sips of Pepsi.. I did say "sips." Making one 20-oz bottle last over three days. Thats good energy.

I've tried black coffee. Its next to impossible to sip even a small cup of blistering hot coffee. Cream or Milk and Sugar make it unhealthy, where as black coffee is good for you. Will not work for active lifestyle, unless you have a way to keep the cup somewhere you can sip from it. Then its a good possibility.

I've tried Red Bull. It truly is the most overpriced drink, you pay for those skiing commercials and giant MMA or sporting event placements in the Octagon. Even Monster is cheaper.

Nos is good, but has so much sugar its unreal.

Monster? The only one that tastes good is the old-fashioned green one. That's some strong stuff. I have drank "twice." Have to pass. It is just too strong.

They no longer make a good Rockstar. They discontinued Guava a long time now, and the Punched needs the black top, the Red top does not taste right.

There is an energy drink called "C Tormenta" if you can find it. It's like Blueberry tinged Red Bull. Good energy.

Which ones have I left out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 09:56 AM

5,330 posts, read 7,667,822 times
Kickstart. There are several flavors so I don't get tired of it. Lime is my favorite.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:02 AM

2,379 posts, read 2,607,297 times
I try not to get addicted, but I tend to feel happier & be more productive when I have some coffee (probably 3 times a week).

If I need a little pick-me-up, sometimes I'll take a little caffeinated mint during the day.

But mostly, I agree with the more natural remedies:
Sleep
Drink lots of water (1/2 your body weight in ounces - yes, you'll pee a lot!)
Exercise daily as often as possible (but at least once a day)
Have goals to be excited about

Old 08-04-2016, 10:06 AM

15,372 posts, read 25,596,959 times
Water. I start my day with water, drink it during the day, drink it before each meal, with each meal, between meals, and before I go to bed.

In the past I was a big Pepsi drinker and I even got hooked on Rock Star energy drinks. I have had Monster Energy drinks as well. What I have found though is a need to flush all that stuff out of my system, spend an hour a day working out, and sleep 7 or 8 hours a night.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:10 AM

35,821 posts, read 39,399,524 times
Coffee, though I just drink it because I like it, not as an energy booster. Caffeine had no notable effect on me unless it's really large amounts.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:17 AM

3,827 posts, read 3,762,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
Kickstart. There are several flavors so I don't get tired of it. Lime is my favorite.
You beat me to it. Yes, Mountain Dew's newish Kickstart drinks have caffeine, B-vitamins and only 80 calories for 16 ounces. They give me nice rejuvenation without the loss to my immunity system that Red Bull, Monster and those kind of energy drinks often do (in other words I can get colds and flus from them).
I regard Kickstarts as the first somewhat healthy Mountain Dew product and they taste great... like regular soda only lighter.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:50 AM

5,330 posts, read 7,667,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
You beat me to it. Yes, Mountain Dew's newish Kickstart drinks have caffeine, B-vitamins and only 80 calories for 16 ounces. They give me nice rejuvenation without the loss to my immunity system that Red Bull, Monster and those kind of energy drinks often do (in other words I can get colds and flus from them).
I regard Kickstarts as the first somewhat healthy Mountain Dew product and they taste great... like regular soda only lighter.
Some convenience stores are offering Kickstart in their soda fountains. Awesome!

Old 08-04-2016, 11:06 AM

4,503 posts, read 2,772,711 times
Coffee

Old 08-04-2016, 11:14 AM

11,071 posts, read 11,474,429 times
Water, with a little lemon juice. I go through half a gallon to a gallon a day, depending on how active I am.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:40 AM

5,171 posts, read 2,854,294 times
I really don't know how people drink those Monster, Bawlz, Red Bull drinks. They taste so nasty.

I just drink water, or sweet tea and coke on occasion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or