Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 06:56 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,259,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste68 View Post
I think we have to do a bit of clarity!! The stuffing of Cannelloni is ricotta and spinach, than there are other versions. The Cannelloni and Manicotti in Italy are the same thing, the name change depending of the region. The pasta of Cannelloni and Manicotti is identical, pasta with eggs. The stuffing change depending of the region, in any case the original stuffing is ricotta and spinach.
Thank you for clarifying. I asked my 85 year old Italian mother and she couldn't even tell me what the difference was. By the way, my mother would make the most delicious gnocchi, usually on Sunday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 09:29 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInCA View Post
Why is it so important to you that everyone must agree with your opinion that Italian cuisine is the "best in the world"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste68 View Post
It's right!!! There is my opinion and there is your opinion, but there is the opinion of experts who judge Italian cousin the best in the world.
Maybe he/she is talking about his cousin being the best in the world

Either way JayInCA, cousin/cuisine--it is subjective to what people or experts like. Not sure why it is so important to the OP when everyone must agree with his/her opinion whether the OP's cousin or the cuisine is the "best in the world".

Old 09-04-2016, 11:16 AM

6,966 posts, read 4,807,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I think I'll lobby for manicotti for Christmas dinner. Do you ever freeze an extra pan of them?
Yes, they freeze very nicely. Since it's quite a project, it's always good to make a bunch and then freeze some.

Yum!

Old 09-04-2016, 05:03 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,523,595 times
Italian food...from Italy...the best! I was lucky enough to travel to Italy twice in my life & I still dream about the food...& these were simple, everyday establishments, nothing expensive or gourmet. Everything tasted so fresh & wonderful. I had prawns in Genoa to die for. And there was a place in Sorrento...it was a huge indoor garden, which was like an oasis in the August heat...but I could have moved in there & eaten there forever! They had wine on the tables in tall, cool, dark green bottles. And we just went to local stores to purchase cheeses, meats & fruit & bread for on the road..amazing! And the gelato from the little carts...omg! Lemon was my favorite, so refreshing. I remember driving behind a truck that was filled with just-picked tomatoes, that kept bouncing out of the truck onto the road, & I was tempted to pull over, run into the road & gather up those tomatoes, they were that good. And the limoncello! And the little coffee bars...the espresso, latte, amazing!

So, yes, Italian food, real Italian food, is the best, & my absolute favorite!

Old 09-04-2016, 11:33 PM

526 posts, read 376,459 times
Hello marcia.....this is Italy!! An explosion of aromas and flavors!!!

Old 09-05-2016, 12:29 AM

Piadina romagnola!!

1 kg Flour
200 gr Lard or Olive oil
1 teaspoon of Sodium bicarbonate
A pinch of salt
Water it serves
Kneading all for at least 15 minute until the dough will be smooth.Make a ball, cover and let rest about 30 minutes. Then make small balls, roll it out with a rolling pin until it reaches the desired thickness. Bake on plate or a non-stick pan for about 2 minutes each part, during cooking perforated with a fork to avoid forming the balls.
The Piadina Romagnola you can eat with all, meat, fish, vegetables.
You can stuff it with as you wish...some classic combinations are...Raw ham, Parmesan cheese and arugula....or sausage and fried onion....or mozzarella,fresh tomatoes and arugula....or sausage and sautéed spinach....try it!!!!!

Old 09-08-2016, 01:13 PM

Someone has tried to make the Piadina Romagnola?

Old 09-11-2016, 02:33 AM

I have seen in another site a woman that she asked the recipe the Bolognese. I have seen incredible things!! But why you must upset everything!!

Old 09-11-2016, 02:26 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,047,348 times
New Orleans and Tampa have the best Italian food in the South

Old 09-11-2016, 02:30 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,404,871 times
It's good, but so are so MANY others. Yum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink