Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 12:07 AM

19,427 posts, read 15,236,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
At a restaurant owner's country house in Tuscany. Florence has a well-deserved reputation for great steak and this was no exception, but we ate it outside, drinking great wine in an incredible garden overlooking vineyards. It was a real "pinch me" movie, I felt like I was in a movie.
Omg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
the 2 best steaks I ever had

1- I aged 2 ribeyes to eat with my daughter for dinner when she was 12
2- for my 51st birthday, my daughter, now 18 and a vegetarian, made me a ribeye that was better than the aged one we made together
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
The one my son made when he was 14 years old. He rode his bicycle to a supermarket, asked to talk to the butcher, bought the best meat he could afford, put a simple rub on it, and grilled it to medium rare perfection. He also grilled corn and finished the plate with some beautiful tomato slices.

That's my boy. He's had better steaks, but that one is still it for me.

It always sounds so corny to me when I say it, but it was at Emeril Lagasse's restaurant in the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The first time I had ever had a rib eye. I had to refrain from licking the plate.

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 09-08-2016 at 12:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 12:29 AM

1,607 posts, read 1,944,063 times
If I'm driving from SoCal to NorCal on the coast route, Jocko's in Nipomo has steak to die for. Same goes for the Harris Ranch Steakhouse in Coalinga, if I take the inland route.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:47 AM

3,069 posts, read 1,680,944 times
A big grilled Porterhouse steak from a local dinner-dance in my hometown when I was a teenager. Good blackened edges, medium-well but very juicy, and loaded with flavor. I can still taste it.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:57 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Omg.

It always sounds so corny to me when I say it, but it was at Emeril Lagasse's restaurant in the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The first time I had ever had a rib eye. I had to refrain from licking the plate.
At least you had it. I would have licked the plate--but that's just me.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:59 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrolman View Post
If I'm driving from SoCal to NorCal on the coast route, Jocko's in Nipomo has steak to die for. Same goes for the Harris Ranch Steakhouse in Coalinga, if I take the inland route.
Do you ever drive for steak?

OMG, I typed dive.

Old 09-08-2016, 01:56 AM

2,700 posts, read 4,938,111 times
Shula's in Chicago... Best damn steak I have EVER had.. Could cut it with a fork... Melted in your mouth.... It was a Porterhouse.....

Old 09-08-2016, 04:14 AM

1,212 posts, read 2,252,587 times
Ribeye at Steve's Sizzling Steakhouse in NJ

Old 09-08-2016, 05:05 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,414,875 times
I have several believe it or not

1. Peter Lugers- porterhouse
2. Rothman's filet mignon
3. Tellers chop house Filet mignon
4. marinated Skirt steaks that I grilled at home. I got them at a local butcher shop and they were melt in your mouth. Next time no marinade. I prefer my steaks grilled with just a bit of salt.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:07 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,572,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
After many years of not eating meat, I craved it during pregnancy and let my husband grill me a rib eye. It was wonderful. I've never had a restaurant steak that was very memorable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
The one my son made when he was 14 years old. He rode his bicycle to a supermarket, asked to talk to the butcher, bought the best meat he could afford, put a simple rub on it, and grilled it to medium rare perfection. He also grilled corn and finished the plate with some beautiful tomato slices.

That's my boy. He's had better steaks, but that one is still it for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
the 2 best steaks I ever had

1- I aged 2 ribeyes to eat with my daughter for dinner when she was 12
2- for my 51st birthday, my daughter, now 18 and a vegetarian, made me a ribeye that was better than the aged one we made together
I love answers like these, where memorable meals are more about the event/emotions/relations than the actual food.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:10 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,414,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Omg.

I ate here too but I had seafood. Oh I forgot to mention I did have a great steak in Vegas at Mandalay bay. the restaurant was called Strip steak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink