U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 04:22 PM

1,263 posts, read 3,653,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Lisa, you should have contacted the company, they could have either told you how to get it off OR replace it, they have a lifetime warranty.

I have several pieces of Le Creuset that I purchased more then 15 years ago and they are in great shape. My Mother has pieces of the Flame Le Creuset that she has had since the 60's.

Check in your area, they have a Le Creuset outlet in Orlando and the prices are wonderful. They also sometimes have pieces at Costco as well.
Is is safe to assume you have an electric cooktop? That's what I have here in Weeki Wachee. I want to get a nice dutch oven type piece as well, just wasn't too sure how well they were on electric.

I'll have to check out the Le Creuset outlet when we're out there in May!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 10:53 PM

10,716 posts, read 31,030,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenbacismama View Post
Is is safe to assume you have an electric cooktop? That's what I have here in Weeki Wachee. I want to get a nice dutch oven type piece as well, just wasn't too sure how well they were on electric.

I'll have to check out the Le Creuset outlet when we're out there in May!
No, I have a gas stove thank goodness, thats what I'm used to cooking on. I've never had a problem with the cookware either.

The Le Creuset outlet down in Orlando is just wonderful.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:08 AM

99 posts, read 288,021 times
Look at TJ Maxx, you can usually find a couple of pieces there...

Old 04-22-2008, 10:21 AM

522 posts, read 1,455,941 times
If you have a Home Goods in your area; they too will carry Le Cruset. At least a few pieces anyway. Le Crueset the company is very good with customer service. I bought the tea kettle not realizing the whistle was missing and I emailed Le Crueset and they sent me the missing piece. Great product!!

Old 04-22-2008, 10:27 AM

1,263 posts, read 3,653,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseynj View Post
If you have a Home Goods in your area; they too will carry Le Cruset. At least a few pieces anyway. Le Crueset the company is very good with customer service. I bought the tea kettle not realizing the whistle was missing and I emailed Le Crueset and they sent me the missing piece. Great product!!
I love Home Goods. Unfortunately, my closest store is in Clearwater, about 50-60 miles away.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:12 AM

3,704 posts, read 9,095,596 times
I finally got one!!!! I was at Tuesday Morning early today for the start of their newest sale and I decided to browse the store after I got what I went for. There was ONE Le Crueset 5 1/2 Qt French Oven, in black no less, and it was $135! I think these normally retail for about $220 so I was very happy!!! I'm glad I never bought the cheaper version.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:24 AM

10,716 posts, read 31,030,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
I finally got one!!!! I was at Tuesday Morning early today for the start of their newest sale and I decided to browse the store after I got what I went for. There was ONE Le Crueset 5 1/2 Qt French Oven, in black no less, and it was $135! I think these normally retail for about $220 so I was very happy!!! I'm glad I never bought the cheaper version.
Yea, I think you will be happy with the genuine article. I love my LC. Its just awesome stuff and so useful. The black must look really nice.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:28 AM

2 posts, read 3,236 times
I've also been wondering about cheaper enameled cast iron. Since it's the cast iron and not the enamel that affects the induction of heat, I would imagine they all (including the non-enameled cast iron) cook the same. I've got to assume that the difference in brands is only about the quality and thickness (number of layers?) of the enamel coating -- and that's really about durability and not how they cook. What will the enamel coating on those Target pans look like in 10 years???

Old 08-23-2009, 08:23 AM

3,704 posts, read 9,095,596 times
I am now the proud owner of 3 pieces of Le Crueset - it's worth every penny IMO.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:31 AM

3,647 posts, read 9,307,282 times
For burned on crud, I don't throw the pan away. I take the pan out in the back yard and use spray-on oven cleaner on it a few times until most of it lifts off with the hose.

you should have contacted the company, they could have either told you how to get it off OR replace it, they have a lifetime warranty.

Great tips should ALWAYS be repeated!!!

I once bought several pieces of Corelle that matched my own set. I had a 6 piece set, I bought a 10 piece set from CL for $20. Once I got them home, I realized the glaze on them had worn away on the edges of most of the pieces. I thought they had a lifetime guarantee (which is why I bought the brand Corelle in the first place), but customer service informed me it is only a 3 year guarantee.

In the interest of customer service though (a rarity these days), they shipped me a brand new 10 piece set! Awesome!

This is another reason to buy name brand quality items that you expect to last - the companies usually stand behind their name!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink