U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 10:55 AM

25,573 posts, read 23,763,548 times

Advertisements

I've been meaning to say something for a long time and never got around to it but here goes. This one is about those glass Pyrex measuring cups. (Plastic ones as well).
Why the HECK dont they make them for us laft-handers? Ever notice when you have to measure the amount of milk, or flour, whatever, that you always have to have the handle to the right, to see the measurements. Why the heck cant they just make some witht he handle on the left side so we can see what we're doing without having to turn it around every time? Is it just me or does anyone else have the problem? Simply print the measures on the other side too, or put the handles on tho other side, or make double handle measuring cups! Heck, they make everything else for left handed people. Scissors, guitars...I hate having to turn it around to read the measure just to have to turn it back again to pick it up.
I might be the only one with this issue but its annoying, we need more left handed kitchen utinsils, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 11:08 AM

51,054 posts, read 29,133,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
I've been meaning to say something for a long time and never got around to it but here goes. This one is about those glass Pyrex measuring cups. (Plastic ones as well).
Why the HECK dont they make them for us [laft-handers? ...
Laft-handers? As opposed to Raght-handers?

Old 02-26-2008, 11:11 AM

2,238 posts, read 8,695,129 times
Um...they're glass...just read the marking through the glass?

Old 02-26-2008, 11:22 AM

1,408 posts, read 7,254,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
Why the HECK dont they make them for us laft-handers? Ever notice when you have to measure the amount of milk, or flour, whatever, that you always have to have the handle to the right, to see the measurements. Why the heck cant they just make some witht he handle on the left side so we can see what we're doing without having to turn it around every time? Is it just me or does anyone else have the problem? Simply print the measures on the other side too, or put the handles on tho other side, or make double handle measuring cups! Heck, they make everything else for left handed people. Scissors, guitars...I hate having to turn it around to read the measure just to have to turn it back again to pick it up.
I might be the only one with this issue but its annoying, we need more left handed kitchen utinsils, lol.
I'm a laft hander too and it IS frustrating! he, he, he..... No seriously, I'm a leftie and it's more a nusiance than anything else. It's one of things where you go to read the numbers, realize you have to turn it around (even reading through glass because the numbers are backwards), let out a heavy sigh in frustration and then turn the darn thing around.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:15 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,598,830 times
I'm a right hander, but I too turn them around to read......I also read thru the glass too.
what about a left handed whip?

Last edited by Michelle1210; 02-26-2008 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: humor

Old 02-26-2008, 03:17 PM

10,119 posts, read 16,713,055 times
This -- measuring cups -- has never really bothered me, but I'd like a left-handed measuring tape!

Last edited by Debsi; 02-26-2008 at 03:27 PM..

Old 02-26-2008, 03:27 PM

25,573 posts, read 23,763,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Laft-handers? As opposed to Raght-handers?

Sigh, I cant send you to your room. I cant even give you points!
Didnt realize I had a couple of typos in the original question. Sowwie!!

Old 02-26-2008, 03:29 PM

21,902 posts, read 20,891,721 times
Now this is odd---I am right-handed but find myself having to turn the bugger around to find certain measurments! Maybe it's just me or the particular measurments I need but it seems a fairly universal problem--whatever measurment I want is on the other side!! I don't think it is either right handed or left handed!! Just a roll of the dice!

Old 02-26-2008, 03:40 PM

51 posts, read 173,807 times
Just get one of these:

Amazon.com: Liquid Measuring Cup - Angled - 2 cup: Kitchen & Dining

You can read it from the top. I think it's more accurate and a lot faster to use. I use it all the time and also a small 4 tablespoon size. (The 4 tablespoon size is great for mixing drinks!)

Old 02-27-2008, 08:18 AM

1,641 posts, read 4,518,504 times
Didn't the make you switch to right-handedness in grade school? LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink