U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2008, 06:24 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,032,056 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else having issues when opening up a KRAFT single cheese slice? I have been eating this type of cheese for as long as I can remember, and only within the last year or so have I had this problem. The problem is when opening the single cheese slice, the plastic wrapper tears off about a 1/4 inch width of cheese.......every time. I don't have a PHD, but I think of myself as intelligent, or am I really just a dufuss? Other people have to be having the same issue as I am, and I have ran into this problem in more than just one state. It has happened in VA/NC/ME/WA/AZ, hell everywhere I have been in the last year! I have tried all sorts of ways to open the cheese; slowly-very fast-and even at different temperatures. WHAT is going on here................or is it just me? I won't give up my KRAFT cheese singles. Please help! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 12:30 PM

1,408 posts, read 7,254,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Is anyone else having issues when opening up a KRAFT single cheese slice? I have been eating this type of cheese for as long as I can remember, and only within the last year or so have I had this problem. The problem is when opening the single cheese slice, the plastic wrapper tears off about a 1/4 inch width of cheese.......every time. I don't have a PHD, but I think of myself as intelligent, or am I really just a dufuss? Other people have to be having the same issue as I am, and I have ran into this problem in more than just one state. It has happened in VA/NC/ME/WA/AZ, hell everywhere I have been in the last year! I have tried all sorts of ways to open the cheese; slowly-very fast-and even at different temperatures. WHAT is going on here................or is it just me? I won't give up my KRAFT cheese singles. Please help! Thanks.
You can add MA to that list. I've had the same thing happen to me more times than I can count. I always think it's something I'M doing wrong so it's nice to know it's not me.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:32 PM

8,191 posts, read 27,455,458 times
Ummmmm, o.k.

I get my cheese from the deli. Per pound it is less expensive and they put a sheet of paper in between each slice so that they come apart correctly.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:44 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,032,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
Ummmmm, o.k.

I get my cheese from the deli. Per pound it is less expensive and they put a sheet of paper in between each slice so that they come apart correctly.
Perhaps that is the only answer to this problem. I might look into deli cheese.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:48 AM

1,408 posts, read 7,254,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
Ummmmm, o.k.

I do prefer deli cheese over the packaged stuff but sadly my deli doesn't put the paper in between the slices so sometimes i end up with a huge slab of cheese because i just can't pull them apart without them falling apart.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:19 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,286,236 times
My family won't touch that cheese. They will only eat the deli cheese! I don't have a problem with this at all - but they're all picky - one likes yellow - one likes white....one wants low fat.....It takes me 1/2 hour to get cheese lol.

I will say this though - I have found that Land O'Lakes cheese separate easier if the slices are stacked straight up - Shoprite cheese separates easier if they are layered - Black Bear is just sticky and I won't buy it.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:57 AM

746 posts, read 3,115,005 times
Oh dear. You are really behind the curve. You need to read Marion Nestle's book "What to Eat" to learn what you are really eating. It is not natural cheese, but highly processed stuff that quickly builds up in your heart's arteries.

There is the issue of wasteful packaging, etc. as well, but this is America and the choice is yours.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink